Headlight bulb change

AndyDP

Hi all

Bought some Philips H7 replacement bulbs claiming up to 80% more light.....................we'll see!

The best thing was I only paid £2.78 at Homebase in the clearance corner! I think these are normally about £25 a pair.

Anyway, is it easy to change? I have had a quick look, I moved the retaining clip on the back of the bulbs but I couldn't shift the plate as the bar from top to bottom was obstructing it.

Am I doing something wrong? or should the headlight unit be taken off by unscrewing the 2 torx screws? Or can it be done without doing that?

As ever any advice would be great!

hi Andy best way is as you say just remove the 2 bolts ,they are just to hold it down so they go back with no problems with beam adjustment.bulbs were a bargain---how much difference you will see i don't know? the best headlight upgrade is hid. mike (skipton01) did mine a year ago---fantastic so much better.
as a side note don't upgrade the sidelight bulbs for anything other than led bulbs as the original fit bulbs are only 2-3 w rated(most upgrade are 5-10w)the higher rating get very hot and can burn or discolour the plastic tubes they sit in.these tubes are not changeable either. have fun sumo

I managed to change both on mine with the use of a mirror!

Back