Headlight Problem

charger

Hi all ,

i have a problem with the passager side headlight it points on the ground . I think the motor has packed up . But i took a look today and pressed it and it seems to be making a noise its just not going up or down ? is there any way to manually get this back to normal level as this is really annoying !

Any idea 's what this is ?

Trouble is, you set it manually (with the white hex screws at the top) and then the motor springs into life - you'll be blinding everyone!

The motors are available separately from Audi - around £31 and they're a doddle to change.

Cheers,

Mike

Lights

Yes but im sure something else is wrong as if pushed the motor works ?
Cant i just ajust to get it level as i never use that feature anyway ...

Lights ajust

Well the passanger side light points down is there anyway to manually put this up to the correct level as the motor doesnt seem to be working or moving the light ??

I already told you this in my original reply:

"you set it manually (with the white hex screws at the top)"

There you go - but get a new motor as soon as possible - just because it isn't working at the moment doesn't mean to say that it won't start to move erratically of its own accord, making a manual adjustment useless.

Cheers

Mike

Lights

The passanger light still shines on the floor rather than level . I have changed the settings and still no luck !

any idea's

any idea's anyone im not sure about buying a complete new light as the motor doesnt work and the white screws have no affect in shining this back up ?

Have you actually taken the light apart? If the setting screws are having no effect it sounds like the 3rd pivot point (where the motor attaches) is broken.

Cheers,

Mike

yes

i have taken the light apart where i ajust the white screw for that main beam light it moves the plastic part but it wont affect it going up or down its just still beaming on the floor . The light also steams up alot and the motor doesnt have any affect when changing the light number in the car . Im not sure whats best to do . Is it easy just swapping out the whole headlight ?

The metal part where the light bulb is in is like pointing down and wont come center ?

IMG_0645.jpg

Last edited:
ok

Do you think i need to replace it then ?

i only adusted one screw near the headlight did i need to do the other one too ??

I can't tell from here!

The 2 screws on top adjust the light both vertically and horizontally - if you've only tried one then you might have got the wrong one.

Cheers,

Mike

headlight

I have been ajusting the one closest to me when taking the back over off the headlight is that the right one ?

Try the other one - it may be that they have slipped their threads, so give it a whirl before shelling out for a new unit

Cheers,

Mike

Not meaning to point out the obvious, but I had the same problem once after fitting a new bulb. Turned out it simply wasn't seated correctly. A small misalignment in the light leads to a large misalignment of the light pattern.

Did your problem occur spontaneously or after you worked on the light?

Back