Headlight support question.

iainmd

Folks,

After removing a headlamp unit to replace a bulb at the weekend I discovered that the support bracket behind my passenger side headlamp is snapped. It's the but with two cupped guides that the headlamp unit is supposed to slot into. It's no surprise since I had to get a repair kit for the top bracket of the light unit itself. I suspect the previous owner may have had a low speed ding.

As far as I can tell from VAGCAT (picture attached) the part should be no. 14 (8Z0854729) support stay/left front. It looks like it is replaceable without removing thew wing as this digram shows the bolts on the inside of the engine bay.

Can anyone who's in the know confirm that this is the part and the ease of replacement?

Many thanks,

Iain

Iain I don't think this is the right part - that's a wing carrier in the drawing. From memory I think that the upright you mention is an integral part of the lock carrier, which spans the entire front of the car. I'll have a look and let you know.

Cheers,

Mike

I confirm that the part that supports the headlight outer end goes from a side of the engine bay to the other (and thus supports the other headlight corner).
It looks like a time consuming job to replace it.

Typical. I knew it wouldn't be an easy job!

Does anyone have a part number and an idea of what's involved to replace it? I've looked on vagcat and can't find the right part.

Thanks,

Iain

Back