Headlight Surround Filler Piece

Just wanted to ask if the black surround piece on the headlights should be rubber or plastic?

If one side is rubber and one side is plastic is it probably that it or the headlight unit itself has been replaced in the past?

Just wanted to ask if the black surround piece on the headlights should be rubber or plastic?

If one side is rubber and one side is plastic is it probably that it or the headlight unit itself has been replaced in the past?
Rubber on both sides and still original, I don't think Ill get another twenty years out of mine though and it would be great if you could replace these parts separately (maybe you can?)

Not necessarily. My A2, registered in late 2001, still had both its original headlight units when I acquired it. The nearside unit had a rubber surround, while the offside unit (which needed replacing) had plastic.

Valeo are the only company who ever made these units, and they made production changes from time to time, but rubber is the norm.

Back