Headlining Fabric source?

Searider

Evening All,
Unfortunately the headlining on my 2004 Blue Colour Storm is sagging at the rear, I've found a trimmer locally who can remove and recover the panel for a reasonable price but he needs me to source the fabric.
Any pointers of sources?

Kind regards

Duncan

As I understand it, there is no source of the original material.

A number of members have used this source, with success as I understand it.

Evening Duncan,

I can certainly second what Erling suggests above. I’ve used this seller quite a few times now and have reupholstered a number of headlinings with their offerings in recent times.

Their light grey fabric is a little lighter than standard, to my eye it actually looks better. The woven design of the facing fabric texture is an extremely good match to what Audi was using at the time of A2 production.

If it helps, I can show you what I’m close to purchasing for my commuter:

979A1A0D-8CB2-4CC8-9A5B-29E88A745416.jpeg

You should be able to see at the top of the picture that I’ve purchased more than one of their kits.

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening Andy,

I’ve never once looked for fabric by the length/roll on AT before, not came up on any variation of google search I’ve conducted in the past. Great find Sir.

Yes it is of course headlining fabric which is 3mm foam backed. Looks like they offer quite a few colours also. From reading the description it’s not cheap though.

The only reservation I would have purchasing such an item from AT is the possibility of a long storage times which could mean that the adhesive that holds the foam backing to the facing fabric could already be starting to fail. On the flip side it could actually be brand new and absolutely the way to go.

Still an amazing find though.

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening Andy,

I’ve never once looked for fabric by the length/roll on AT before, not came up on any variation of google search I’ve conducted in the past. Great find Sir.

Yes it is of course headlining fabric which is 3mm foam backed. Looks like they offer quite a few colours also. From reading the description it’s not cheap though.

The only reservation I would have purchasing such an item from AT is the possibility of a long storage times which could mean that the adhesive that holds the foam backing to the facing fabric could already be starting to fail. On the flip side it could actually be brand new and absolutely the way to go.

Kind regards,

Tom
Try the bizarre (to me) search term 'BEZUGSSTOFFE' on AT.

Andy

As I understand it, there is no source of the original material.

A number of members have used this source, with success as I understand it.
Thanks, that looks like a possibility.

Evening Duncan,

I can certainly second what Erling suggests above. I’ve used this seller quite a few times now and have reupholstered a number of headlinings with their offerings in recent times.

Their light grey fabric is a little lighter than standard, to my eye it actually looks better. The woven design of the facing fabric texture is an extremely good match to what Audi was using at the time of A2 production.

If it helps, I can show you what I’m close to purchasing for my commuter:

View attachment 102903
You should be able to see at the top of the picture that I’ve purchased more than one of their kits.

Kind regards,

Tom
Hi Tom, That's good to hear the texture is good. I was only looking at replacing the piece arouund the edge, not the centre and not the front pillars. How different is it?

Evening Andy,

Kind regards,

Tom
Hmmm. It says "New" in the description - but as you say quite expensive.

Evening Andy,

Kind regards,

Tom
It's promising but I fear is not the correct fabric, as it's labelled "Jacquard", which is much tighter, smooth woven fabric compared to the more "porous" headlining fabric. I just sent a message to AT, let's see what they say....

It's promising but I fear is not the correct fabric, as it's labelled "Jacquard", which is much tighter, smooth woven fabric compared to the more "porous" headlining fabric. I just sent a message to AT, let's see what they say....
I tend to agree, perhaps this is trim fabric for the seats?

For anyone looking it does say ‘original new production’ in the description.
It does very much look like seat material doesn’t it?

bbf15e9aa99b80f62dd96d10387189ec.png

Sent from thin air

Back