Heated Rear Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

abre

I've noticed over the last week that with the temperature being sub 0 that the heated rear screen doesn't automatically turn off after 10 mins. it just stays on all the time. Anyone else noticed this?

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

Never timed it, but I know it has a mind of its own, depending on temperature (but you still need to press the button yourself, yes indeed. I do it all the time to defrost/fog my mirrors and sometimes it shuts down real quick, sometimes it seems to last forever. And no, the mirrors do not start heating by themselves below 5 degrees, like I read elsewhere).

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT (finally!), black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

quote:Originally posted by swiv
And no, the mirrors do not start heating by themselves below 5 degrees, like I read elsewhere).

I have to disagree ours does, Got in the A2 when covered in snow, started the engine, didn't push any other buttons and the mirrors started to defrost the snow all by themselves.

Lee and Sheridan,
TDI SE, Build 11/01, Dolphin Grey
50% Brighter Bulbs : Audi 6 CD Changer : Rear drinks holder : Floppy Wiper : Centre Tray : Elasticated Belt System : Chrome Numberplate Surround : A3 Transmission Nets : Heated Mirrors

Maybe you have the 'official' winter pack? I guess not, since your signature suggests you are the DIY type :)
I'll keep an eye on my mirrors, as long as the cold nights last... And that means I have to resist to de-fog the rear screen; any damages caused by not having any rear visibility will be coming your way ;)

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT (finally!), black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Makes me wonder if there are options in the system, as there are with the locking, that Audi do not tell us about!

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield silver ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back