Heated seat swap

irfan a8

Now that it’s getting cold I feel the need for heated seats , I have another with heated which I use less, what is involved with swapping heated setups apart from the physical swap of seats and the control panel?
Thanks for any help, if I can do this I will otherwise will contact Timmus. Thanks for any help

Irfan

As I understand it, you will need to sort the wiring and the reprogramming of the CCCU to control the heaters in response to the rotary switch settings. Sounds very much like a @timmus job to me :)

You need to put in wiring to connect the seat to the control switches and some power (heavy duty battery live and earth). You also need some power for the lighted switches and a switched live so the seats only heat while the engine is running.

The CCCU doesn’t have any role so no need to reprogram - the switches do all the work - but unless you are very handy with a multimeter and a soldering iron and feeling confident it’s definitely easier to get someone else to do it.

You may also need an OBD scanner of, like me, you forget to plug the airbag connectors in before putting the key in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is also a job we are doing on my sons A2. Are the wiring looms available as we are more than capable of doing this, if not I will make a loom.

Ian

Back