Heated Washer Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

abre

[?]Has anyone fitted heated washer jets after delivery? My dealer tells me it's not possible, but then they tell you a lot of things don't they...

2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

I've read that apparently heated mirrors can be fitted retrospectively....

But then that doesn't answer your question!.

Welcome to the forum too!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

quote:Originally posted by runboy

I've read that apparently heated mirrors can be fitted retrospectively....

But then that doesn't answer your question!.

In a way it does because they're both part of the winter package !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Ahhh, I see a pattern forming here then.

But how do the washer jets work-is it heat on demand, or is there a constant low heat when the outside temperature falls to a certain level?.

So if wiring exisits for the heated mirror, maybe it does too for the washer jets?.

Yup, that's what I was wondering, not yet got my A2 it's on its way from the compound, a very very long story! But it's in effect 2nd hand, otherwise I would have specified the winter pack! Living in the relative warmth (compared to Finland!!!) of the Pennines I can cover 20 miles on the M62 with frozen washers, great fun with all those BMW loons! So heated washers would be handy combined with a good mix of screen wash. If the wireing is there, I assume that the washers would heat up when the heated rear screen was on. Any info will be handy so I know what to lookout for when I look under the lid and then go visiting the parts department.

2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

I have them and there's certainly no switch to turn them on.
My guess is that they switch on and off automagically with a thermostat or something.
Same as the heated mirrors, they are activated with the same switch as the heated rearwindow except when the temperature is above a certain treshold, then they do not switch on.

Hope this helps !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

I also looked in to this and wait for it (best sit down).

Wiring looms for mirrors and washer jets £700 UK (yes thats seven hundred pounds), you then need the mirrors and jets about £300 UK, then fitting not a job i'd like to do.

Giving a total of £1800. makes the £105 UK extra at the start seem worthwhile??

needless to say I didn't have it done.

Just goes to show you that you can have anything done if you can afford it....

Lee,
TDI SE,
Dolphin Grey,
6 Disc Changer (Fitted by me)

I posted a topic on the same thing some time ago .. apparently the wiring is there for the mirrors, but not for the heated washer jets. If you change the mirror glass for ones with heated elements then you can have heated mirrors. I've not done it so don't buy the glass without checking first! Wait a year or two and raid a crash damaged A2 for spare bits!!

Tino
Dolphin Grey 1.4 SE

Tino
Well if the A2 I saw today was anything to go by, a crashed one may not be that far away-dirty as heck, headlight out and broken rear lenses. Looked like it had been on a rally.....mmmmmmm...an A2 rally car.....

I do not find the heated washers much use on my Passat (probably the same system as Audi's) Even with a screenwash mix which should be OK down to -15C they still freeze at around -5C). Happened every time the temperature has been that low and VW swear that they are working! Winter pack was still worth it for the heated seats.

Presumably those in the colder parts of Europe have better experience - or use better screenwash!

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back