Heater fan motor

Tim Laine

Hi - normally the complaint is for a component that is not working. However my heater fan is running continuously on full power. I obtained a replacement climate control unit and put it in (that was fun!), but still the same problem. The only way to switch it off is to remove the fuse.
any ideas please. - Tim

If you have climate then the blower controller has failed and needs replacing. It is a finned metal block that you access by removing the glovebox and the blower motor assembly. the controller is inside the casing. For non climate cars the resistor pack is at fault.
1688904336024.png

Last edited:
Thank you for this info. So the whole blower needs removing- wow that’s some work. I shall source the part and set to work.
many thanks - Tim

Hi - normally the complaint is for a component that is not working. However my heater fan is running continuously on full power. I obtained a replacement climate control unit and put it in (that was fun!), but still the same problem. The only way to switch it off is to remove the fuse.
any ideas please. - Tim
I’m trying to remove the blower motor but there’s a little bolt right at the top that I can’t seem to get a torx bit or socket near. Has anyone got a solution for this.
(who on earth designed a car that’s almost impossible to get access to such parts) - Tim

I’m trying to remove the blower motor but there’s a little bolt right at the top that I can’t seem to get a torx bit or socket near. Has anyone got a solution for this.
(who on earth designed a car that’s almost impossible to get access to such parts) - Tim
That will be the bolt where you have to employ the purpose made access hole in the dashboard support bridge.

Andy

Back