Hello all

Hi all Dave's the name!!!!
Always wanted an A2 so checked out your site liked what i read so took the plunge and wife just bought A2 1.4TDI 2001 for my 45th birthday will hopefully be getting pipe and cardigan when i pick it up tommorow LOL:D:D:D

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2002&vehicleRegLetter=51

Does anyone know why/how it was manufactured in 2002 but was registered in 2001???

Hi Dave, Welcome to the forum, what a nice wife to buy you an A2 eh?! Happy birthday and hope car is going to do you proud! :D

Cheers
SARGE

Welcome to the world of a2oc and A2 ownership!!

That is indeed some birthday present - many happy returns.

Should your question read manufactured 2001 and registered 2002 or like you am I missing the plot?

Darren

Does anyone know why/how it was manufactured in 2002 but was registered in 2001???

Well the 51 plate ran on cars from the september 01 till the march 02 ;)

Welcome to the site any Q's just ask away no matter how small or daft we should be able to answer. Enjoy

Cheers Phil

Welcome to the world of a2oc and A2 ownership!!

That is indeed some birthday present - many happy returns.

Should your question read manufactured 2001 and registered 2002 or like you am I missing the plot?

Darren
Hey Darren i know your getting old now but i think you are just abit LOL, read my post

Cheers Phil

Hey Darren i know your getting old now but i think you are just abit LOL, read my post

Cheers Phil

I don't wish to hi-jack this thread Phil, but I still don't get it?

I understand your post fully, but the original statement says MANUFACTURED 2002 and registered 2001. How can a car be registered before it is built?

Darren

Thanks for the welcome
Sorry mis-read paperwork actually says date first registered in UK 2002 and i thought it said manufactured LOL
just had cattaract surgery so please excuse my stupidity eyes not fully operational yet LOL :):):)

Thanks for the welcome
Sorry mis-read paperwork actually says date first registered in UK 2002 and i thought it said manufactured LOL
just had cattaract surgery so please excuse my stupidity eyes not fully operational yet LOL :):):)

Thanks for the clarification Dave - thought I was going barmy for a minute; no wait I already am.

Happy motoring and as Phil says any questions just shout and don't forget the valuable search function too.

Darren

I don't wish to hi-jack this thread Phil, but I still don't get it?

I understand your post fully, but the original statement says MANUFACTURED 2002 and registered 2001. How can a car be registered before it is built?

Darren

Its ok Darren i miss read his post looked at the link and it says 2002 but reg is 51, so just thought i he ment that it being a 51 plate that it was registered in 01

phew we got that sorted out ;)

Phil

Its ok Darren i miss read his post looked at the link and it says 2002 but reg is 51, so just thought i he ment that it being a 51 plate that it was registered in 01

phew we got that sorted out ;)

Phil

Indeed; all's well that ends well... :)

Hope life is treating you good mate.

Darren

The wife won't stop smiling!!!

We picked our new addition to family up today :);):):p

The wife had too drive as iam not allowed at present due too eye op:mad::mad:

She has'nt stopped smiling since we picked it up:(

It is way better than the corsa it replaced and my wife spent 5 mins saying goodbye too that it had 9 owners and we were 5/6 of them!!!!!

Know for the questions everything is great but for the second remote!
Starts car but won't open or close without reverting too just using key
Read threads and tried to rematch no luck have also replaced battery no luck.

any ideas or help would be much appreciatted :eek:

Hi mate, put non working remote into ignition, turn to ignition but don't start car, turn it off and remove key, immediately press unlock button on remote ...VALLAH! ;)

Cheers
SARGE

Cheers for that Sarge
Tried but failed!
Have investigated reason and think it may be down to a replacement ecu for central locking me thinks former owner probably only took one key fob in and meant to take other one in but never got round to it!!
so am going to order new type key fob then get them all reprogrammed to car may be necky and ask audi to do it as has full ASH.

Cheers for that Sarge
Tried but failed!
Have investigated reason and think it may be down to a replacement ecu for central locking me thinks former owner probably only took one key fob in and meant to take other one in but never got round to it!!
so am going to order new type key fob then get them all reprogrammed to car may be necky and ask audi to do it as has full ASH.

If it needs to be programmed, then any member here with Full Vag Com can do it for you!.

Can you just check that the Remote number is the same for both Remotes.
You will need to separate the two halves and you can see the numbers from there.
Also to state the obvious, but have you checked/changed the battery?

If not then do this and try the procedure I gave you once again.

Cheers
SARGE

Hi Sarge
yes checked number and already changed batteries so not sure will order new type key fob and then find someone near who can reprogram all three!

If Audi won't do a key for you (and they certainly won't do a new style key), then get one from Ebay and then come to Skipton Autos for the immobiliser and coding work - several other members already have new style keys through me.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers mike
Bidding on one now will probably try and get someone nearer too do coding though
sorry.

Cheers mike
Bidding on one now will probably try and get someone nearer too do coding though
sorry.

I think you will find its Mike or Sarge that can do the new style key (or at least they are the only 1's listing that they can) Skipton Autos is well worth the trip just for the great drive up and to see Tank, plus you get one of the A2 GURU's to give your the once over. Mike's done the retro cruise and the new style key on mine, oh yes and HIDS

Cheers Phil

Back