Hello from Essex

AntC

A2OC Donor
Thank you for letting me join.

I'm in a dilemma. How to I prize the MX5 from my wife, which is getting long in the tooth (the car!) and it keeps needing new batteries, and persuade her that an A2 is the best replacement? I am 79 and she's a few years younger and I find getting into it okay, but getting out is a nightmare and it's very uncomfortable to drive because the seat won't go far enough back.
I drive a BMW i3 and it would be nice to have a car I enjoyed being in if and when we make a long journey and the thought of coping with the erratic charging system could be dismissed if she had an A2.
Is there anyone in the Chelmsford area of Essex who could show us their A2? I think it would suit us perfectly - they have a similar look about them - and I love the whole concept of the A2, but she might need some convincing.

Ant

Welcome! From the member map it looks like there's a few folk in your area, so hopefully someone will volunteer soon. I find the A2 pretty good for longer journeys, but nothing like trying it for yourself.

Hi John.

Thanks for your reply and apologies for not replying sooner.

I'm busy this weekend but if you could pm me your phone number I will contact you next week to arrange a suitable time.

Ant

I think the verb "prise" is one to watch out for. "Nor hath hell a fury" and all that. Much though I am fond of the A2 I can't help thinking you'd be a bit safer looking for a better MX5. Peace in the teepee.............

You could always buy an A2 because you've always fancied one, and let her borrow it..........

I think the verb "prise" is one to watch out for. "Nor hath hell a fury" and all that. Much though I am fond of the A2 I can't help thinking you'd be a bit safer looking for a better MX5. Peace in the teepee.............

You could always buy an A2 because you've always fancied one, and let her borrow it..........
You're right of course - there's enough hell and fury around already without looking for more. We've looked at a newer MX5 but the newer ones don't appeal to her taste with their wide arches - and that really matters! I know it's sacrilege to say this in these hallowed halls, but we were looking at A2s on Autotrader this morning and she said "what about an A1, that looks nice". I really want and A2! Off to wash my mouth out!

Went and had a drive in a 90 tdi nearby this afternoon with just under 76k miles on it and I think my wife was pretty unimpressed. I think we've missed the boat with an A2 in that many are pretty high mileage and judging from pages on this forum, understandably have quite a few problems. Also, on Autotrader yesterday there were 20 cars for sale but only 2 today. Don't understand that. This is a terrific forum - good luck and farewell!

Back