Hello from Valkenswaard (NL)!

Peter

Hello A2-enthusiasts!

I am a bit of a car hobbyist and as I retired (at the age of 54) about 10 years ago, I do have the time to maintain, improve and above all drive my cars. My current A2 is the 50th car I've ever owned. Among these 50 cars are a 1956 Jaguar XK, a 1966 230SL and a 1967 250SL Mercedes Pagoda, Volvos P1800 and 480 (4 of them) and many Audis: 80 cabrio, 90, 100, A3, A4 cabrio, A6, A8 and S8.
Apart from the Audi A2, we currently drive a VW Polo 1.2 TSI DSG, Mazda MX5 3rd generation limited edition and a Volvo 480 turbo automatic.

About a year ago I bought an A2 because I liked the car's concept from the very start: lightweight, flexible and plenty interior space, easy to find VW mechanic parts, rustfree, a bit different from the rest,...
This was a silver metallic 2001 1.4 petrol with some 110k miles "experience".

Shortly after that, I bought another but quite similar A2 for my son, whose wife was then carrying our first grandson and I wanted them out of the Maxda MX5 they were driving at the time. The middle car in the picture below.

And now, as my wife will be retiring shortly, I got my third A2, 90hp diesel this time. We are replacing two petrol cars by one diesel car.
This A2 has all the options I knew I wanted, but it also had/has some issues I am in the process of solving.
When I bought the car, there was a sun visor dangling from its wires (replaced), a timing belt nearly overdue (replaced), 3 good tyres and 1 almost gone (new tyres waiting to be mounted next week), a rear seat with the back upright blocked in place (fixed using new trick), cruise control not working (proves to be a challenge), one ignition key only, detachable tow bar without key, ...

But on the positive side: one owner in Germany for 1 year/20k miles and after that: one owner, full service history at Audi dealership until 140k miles (milage now 150k). And I particularly enjoy the leather/alcantara sport seats (with heating) and Bose audio / 6-CD-changer. I hope not to use the windows airbags and spare wheel but I'm glad they're there.

I hope to learn a lot on this forum and expect to be able to contribute as well...

The picture below shows all three A2s (Photoshop assisted in adding #3 in front of the earlier petrol A2s)
A2x3.jpg

Last edited:
What a great "first post and introduction"

Love the cars and really like it that you have "discovered" the A2 and appreciate just how special they are.

Been working in Tilburg for a few months but home now, it would have been great to meet up and "talk cars".
I had the pleasure of a visit from Pocoloco while I was there, what a car and what a great bloke.

Best wishes and WELCOME!

Steve B

Bedankt Steve!

I met George (pocoloco) yesterday, great guy indeed: he offered to solve my back seat problem, but I solved it myself before my visit to him :)

George then decided to use the time for a mini meeting and put an open invitation on the NL-forum. We had 11 A2 owners admiring each other's cars, solving minor issues (back seats, VCDS coding), discussing LED lights,... and first and foremost getting to know each other beyond a forum alias!
minimeet.png

Last edited:
Bedankt Jorrit!

We visited Lincoln for the first time last July - what great town! - on the way to my brother who lives in York (also always worth a visit).

My first visit to the UK was in 1964 (to London of course) but in past few years we have been spending several summer holidays discovering the rest of the UK. That was with our Mazda MX5 with a tent (!) and we found out the weather isn't (always) that bad and the country has a lot to offer. Next time we'll be visiting the UK it will be with the A2 towing a small caravan.

Last edited:
Back