Hello i'm new

I can never think of what to write on these intro pages....

I'm the proud owner of a 51 plate A2 1.4 tdi se not the best looking one around as i bought it relatively cheap.... i later found out why, it was a cat d but i love it all the same. Overall it's not too bad except a big scratch someone put down the side of it. It was initially bought to throw my mountain bike in and go down wales but it's become the family car wife loves it as much as i do.

I thought i'd better register because i have been on here as a guest browsing the how too's for the past year or so as i've always been a fiat man in the past ... stop swearing i know i know they're not the most reliable of cars but i loved my little fiat :cool:

Anyway thats my car can't find any pictures on my pc of it to post but i'll sort some out soon enough, i'm sure i'll do your collective heads in asking questions i will try and reign in the numptyness but i can't promise anything ;)

I'm from Rugeley in Staffordshire i run a small depot for a firm supplying the printing industry, as much as i swear doing it i do love to get the spanners out on the car infact i don't think apart from mot's a car of mine has gone in to a garage for 19 years.

Cheers

fish

I can never think of what to write on these intro pages....
Cheers
fish

I think you did a pretty good job!

Good info and a big gold welcome!!!

Looking forward to see the pictures and hear your questions.

Hope to see you at the next social and at the events with your car, all are more than welcome at our A2 socials and events, you don't need a show A2, just an A2 and even then we have members on here without an A2 and that is good too.

Steve B

Cheers dude

I used to go to some of the fiat meets so i would love to come along work permitting and if i bother to clean my car :rolleyes:

I did have a wee nosy at your project my first question did that sat nav/ stereo come with the car or is it rescued from a bigger audi and the steering wheel also?

Cheers

Last edited:
Cheers dude

I used to go to some of the fiat meets so i would love to come along work permitting and if i bother to clean my car :rolleyes:

I did have a wee nosy at your project my first question did that sat nav/ stereo come with the car or is it rescued from a bigger audi and the steering wheel also?

Cheers

The sat/nav stereo is an RNS E unit that I had fitted in place of the standard A2 radio. The RNS E unit from a TT or an A4 can be fitted with just a minor modification to the front plate (sanding down the sides a little) as long as you already have the "double DIN" dash, i.e. with the double depth radio.

The steering wheel was brand new and was for a current model TT (the current model TT has a single stage air bag and so is compatible with the A2) The buttons all work as they should and so it is fully functional.

Steve B

Superb cheers i shall look into that
There are a few threads on here that cover this and explain exactly which model and what software version you need etc.)

The MK 2 is the one to go for, this has a better screen and two SD card slots.

Steve B

i run a small depot for a firm supplying the printing industry

So you could say that you are constantly "turning over a new leaf" or did you have an INKling I was going to say something like that, because I can be a bit of a BIND sometimes?

Sorry, you will get used to the occasional dreadful humour from me every now and then. I do try to keep it to a minimum but I can't help it sometimes.

Steve B

I just come up blank in these situation, it goes against the grain for me to think of witty things, it's almost like they are blotted from my mind, I try to collate the jokes for the future but instead of binding them for future use i end up reducing them to pulp.

I just come up blank in these situation, it goes against the grain for me to think of witty things, it's almost like they are blotted from my mind, I try to collate the jokes for the future but instead of binding them for future use i end up reducing them to pulp.

Nice one. and by the way Fish, can you get staff sales cheap, I need some ring binders (I have run out of Imodium).

Steve B

My bike is a nukeproof mega am pro was about £3500 worth with a few extras hope brakes and a dropper seatpost.

Running joke my bike has always cost more than my cars lol

My side of the print industry is the dirty recycling side so sorry fellas no ring binders but I'm good for engineers rags we wash those for various firms.

My bike is a nukeproof mega am pro was about £3500 worth with a few extras hope brakes and a dropper seatpost.

Running joke my bike has always cost more than my cars lol

My side of the print industry is the dirty recycling side so sorry fellas no ring binders but I'm good for engineers rags we wash those for various firms.

Not being into bikes, I was amazed recently when I saw a racing style bike (for road use) for sale at £7500 (that was for sale in a shop within the GSK offices in Brentford (they have supermarkets, coffee shops and hairdresser shops in there as well!))

Steve B

Back