Hello!

Clackers

Wales
Hi Folks, first off, what a brilliant site, I used to pop on to it before I finally bought an A2! Used some of your advice and hints, so hopefully all will be good with it!
Couple of questions to start us off! Any ideas of the best place to get a self dimming rear view mirror? Mines's all oily and makes driving the car feel very 'second hand'......all psycological(?), but would love to change it asap. Secondly, I've got a REALLY annoying noise from the drivers side corner of the dash, it seems it is right at the front by the screen, it sounds like an aliminium ring bouncing on a steering column.....easiest way I can describe it sorry! any advice?
Also, it is going to be my baby as I have had A4 TDi and A3 TDi, so I've completed the hat trick by getting the A2TDi now, any advice on gizmo's or must haves for her? Its already got Cruise, Bose, Climate, 5seat, Rear park, Wind deflectors...........all on it when I bought it.

Also, best place for spares, thare are a few things missing/damaged, under belly for the engine is missing, so all the inner wheel is flapping about, climate buttons are worn and look naff, window buttons worn too.....is there anywhere you guys recommend above others?
Thanks for taking the time to read this, hopfully get some blurb back soon.

ps its a 2002 1.4 TDi on a 51 plate 109,000 on the clock and VERY tidy indeed, just the niggles to sort.

Best bet is to ask on here first for parts but not sure if wanted adverts dictate a £10 donation first?

There are sellers on good old ebay that have stickers to place on climate units but not sure which are the better ones to go for, if you use the search there are threads on here. One example http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...limate-control-unit&highlight=climate+buttons

Most of all welcome to ownership and a cracking spec you have found! Pictures would be nice! Best of luck

Thanks Paul.....had it in the garage this week for a full service, found out what the rattle was, where the bonnet sits into the receivers, the plastic seats were rattling like a good un......well found by thee mechanic!!!!! Loving the new car, love smiling when I go to drive it........all round lovin it!!!!!!!!

The door window switches are still available from Audi, I imagine the headlamp switch is also worn...but still available (pricey though). I manage to acquire a set of button from the A4 climate buttons to replace my worn one (they are a slightly different black but so much better) though sticker sets are on ebay that could get you by.
Try Stoke Audi parts. they give discount to A2OC members. I can supply the part numbers next time I'm near my pc

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to A20C, sounds like the A2 bug has already bitten. I'd definitely recommend getting the false floor if you don't already have it. Hopefully get to see you at a social or two.

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne, yes its too late, I'm already smitten with my motor, one of the socials is on my bucket list, I'm trrying to convince my wife that wandering round a car show is much better than the shops on a Saturday though :)
If there are any meets up in the North West, how do I find out? Castle Coomb is a long way for a newbie, but, if like my old mini shows, I'm sure it would be worth the travel????
False Floor is on my list of must haves, mine seems to have all the luxuries apart from this added little thing, she's getting 'tarted up' as we go along!

Thanks fot the reply
Clackers

Back