Hello!

Daveangel09

A2OC Donor
Hi all,
I've been on the forum for a while but hardly posted as the A2 belonged to my wife. Well we are about to have our second child so it was time to get something for the wife with a little more space. I would have put the A2 up for sale but I had a guy nagging me for months to sell him my Golf Anniversary so I gave in and let him have it..... Gutted to say the least!
So the wife now has her new car (a VW golf cross) which she loves, and now I have taken on her A2 so will be posting on here a lot more now it's mine. It's got a few little niggles which I'm going to sort, mainly it needs a new thermostat as it hardly goes above 70 on the gauge. The passenger window is strange, if I press the button for it to go down then it will go up a short distance before correcting to go down. It also does this vice versa which is odd from both buttons too - possible cccm? And it's got some broken trim bits which I'm slowly fixing / tidying. If anyone has a fuse panel / cover please let me know as mine is broken and won't stay clipped in.

Welcome!
Funnily enough, when our 2nd child came along, we downsized from our A4 Avant to the A2 - found it was perfectly large enough for two kids and all the clobber!

3kids and a bench seat! mind over matter, its bigger than it looks! we've been brainwashed into thinking sprogs mean a people carrier or in last few yrs a crossover!?! 30yrs ago it was a mini, 4in the back and smelliest in the boot!!
Don't get me started on bathrooms!!! "sanctuaries for your wellbeing" when its really a place to dump and bathe (not at same time) Gerrrrrr marketing suit's

I agree. I've had three adults on my rear bench seat with ease.

Here it is

38385aca7b4868365c9307e8ab460ee4.jpg

very nice.
Did you get your windows sorted out?

If if not I would recommend disconnecting the battery for 15 mins then try again.
Your remote locking will stop working because of the disconnection but just put the key in the ignition and turn it on and press unlock and it will start working again. Repeat with the other key if you have one.

Also so reset the windows by putting the ignition on the pressing the open window button holding it down for a second after it is fully open, then close the window also holding it up for a second.
That way when you press and hold the button for a second, the window should close and open fully.

Steve B

Back