Chat Hellooooo from Sunny Leicester!

sciroccorrado

A2OC Donor
Hi folks, just thought I'd introduce myself. I've just bought a Black Colour Storm 1.4tdi with the (in)famous red leather interior. '53 place, with LOADS of miles on it. I hopefully pick it up at the weekend.

I'm not entirely new to A2 ownership, my wifey had a 1.6 Sport for a year or so a couple of years ago, but we had to chop that in for a large family car. I have just had an A5 written off, and needed a nippy run around until the insurance monies come through, and managed to get this minx for a princely sum of just over a grand.

A couple of quick questions, it needs a bit of an "upgrade" for me. At the moment it has the Single-Din (Symphony?) CD player, and I wanted to upgrade it to a Double-Din Sat-Nav aftermarket model (probably something like the Alpine or Kenwood ones). I'm not quite certain what would be involved in this, and could do with a little advice on what is required.

Here's hoping you guys (and gals) can assist, all the best.

Sciroccorrado.:p

Welcome to the club --- be great to see you and your A2 at a social this year -the red leather with black paint sure looks good, Just for your info it won't be a colour storm if its black, its often added too sales adverts in error. Was it on ebay by chance ? cheers mike

Thanks Sumo, no it came from AutoTrader to be honest. I'm not too bothered if it's not a Storm, I've already got one of those (Scirocco that is!), but it looks good anyway. It's actually registered as a Sport. Not quite certain about the wheels, as they're some black multi-spoke that I'm not keen on, so might well be swapping those for Sport wheels at some point.

Thanks Sumo, no it came from AutoTrader to be honest. I'm not too bothered if it's not a Storm, I've already got one of those (Scirocco that is!), but it looks good anyway. It's actually registered as a Sport. Not quite certain about the wheels, as they're some black multi-spoke that I'm not keen on, so might well be swapping those for Sport wheels at some point.

The original Sport wheels are 9 spoke 17" how many spokes does yours have? Could they just be sport ones painted black?

Steve B

They look like TWR alloys (aftermarket alloys), they are universal fit hence the 10 bolt holes of which only 5 will be used at any one time.
One thing to check is that the correct spacer wheel has been fitted, this is needed to ensure that the wheel runs true to the hub.

Personally I like them, not stock, but still look good on the A2

That's the puppies :) - Not really a fan to be honest. They seem to be fitted okay, I've seen a few Sport A2s of around this age with this wheel, which is why I assumed they were original, but I still think I might go back to originals. Anybody fancy swapping?

You have quite a good choice of OEM alloys from other Audi/vw/(seat/skoda) models. Tt wheels are popular as are a1. The original 9 spokers do look good though. A bit soft and bendy though by all accounts.

Welcome along - I'll keep an eye out for you as I work in Leics (my A2 reg is my username +3D - wave if you see me!)

Enjoy ;)

Okay folks, picked the car up today :) Very happy with my 3 1/2 hour journey to collect. Only issue I found was that for some reason I don't think the heater matrix is working, as even on highest temperature it was still bloomin' freezing! On the plus side over the 210 mile journey I got 71.1mpg, so I treated her to a full tank of Shell Optimax.

Got it back, gave it a good clear inside and out, then it started raining :cool:, hence the hasty photos, but have a looksee and let me know what you all think. Although the wheels are growing on me a bit, I think they still need to go and the A1 ones go on :)

Link to photos, including a few of the reason for replacement

Hi,

Looks like a nice A2!!!!

and it sounds like you have been bitten by the bug that is the A2, they definitely grow on you.

The heater issue sounds a bit strange? Check the water level in the header tank (take the bonnet off)

If there is enough coolant then it may be stuck / broken flap motors.

Firstly though, get it warm and then operate the air circulation buttons (direct it to the screen, then the floor, then the vents, then minimum temperature then maximum. Do this a few time, it is a long shot but it MIGHT be a stuck flap and this MIGHT work (but importantly it costs nothing to try it)##

You also need to try and find a local member that has the VCDS kit to interrogate your car for error codes etc.

Steve B

Hi,

Looks like a nice A2!!!!

and it sounds like you have been bitten by the bug that is the A2, they definitely grow on you.

The heater issue sounds a bit strange? Check the water level in the header tank (take the bonnet off)

If there is enough coolant then it may be stuck / broken flap motors.

Firstly though, get it warm and then operate the air circulation buttons (direct it to the screen, then the floor, then the vents, then minimum temperature then maximum. Do this a few time, it is a long shot but it MIGHT be a stuck flap and this MIGHT work (but importantly it costs nothing to try it)##

You also need to try and find a local member that has the VCDS kit to interrogate your car for error codes etc.

Steve B

Thanks, it does look nice and drives well too (a little bit crashy over bumps, but not too bad). I have a VAGCOM, so might give it a go when it stops raining.

Also, another idea that we're looking for advice on is the stereo. I quite like the standard OEM fit one, and it sounds good. Is there any way to tell if it's the BOSE one, as it sounds pretty meaty (certainly better than the one in the 1.6FSI Sport we used to have). Also, I want to fit some kind of Bluetooth and MP3 capability to it. Any ideas on how we can achieve that without loads of wires hanging around?

Thanks, it does look nice and drives well too (a little bit crashy over bumps, but not too bad). I have a VAGCOM, so might give it a go when it stops raining.

Also, another idea that we're looking for advice on is the stereo. I quite like the standard OEM fit one, and it sounds good. Is there any way to tell if it's the BOSE one, as it sounds pretty meaty (certainly better than the one in the 1.6FSI Sport we used to have). Also, I want to fit some kind of Bluetooth and MP3 capability to it. Any ideas on how we can achieve that without loads of wires hanging around?

Yes even the standard one sounds great

just open the boot, lift the battery flap.If you have BOSE you will see a large plastic BOSE unit and the toolkit will be under the drivers mat instead of in here.

The speakers all have a BOSE badge on anyway, but that is no guarantee either way.

Steve B

Back