Help and Advice Please - 54k Open Sky 1.4SE

nottma2

Newcomer to the site but a proud A2 owner for the past 14 years. Have a lovely island green metallic A2 1.4 petrol SE with fully operational open sky (52 reg), and only 54k genuine miles. Had the car from new (it was a demonstrator for three months at Charles Audi, Crewe). Always been used as a second car hence low mileage. I've had two A8's and currently drive an Audi S8 - but the aluminum build quality on the A2 I'd say is better than all the others. Not really a 'car' man but very taken with the A2 and seek help on a couple of matters:

Leather Seats

Current seats are beige cloth but would love to have leather. Everyone, is it possible to swap over leather seats into this car i.e. are they compatible. Can get a set of leather seats from a local scrapyard.

A second A2

I like 'Audley' so much - that's what the wife calls him ! - I'd like to buy a second A2. Either a diesel (slight preference) or a 1.6 Fsi. Would love to have leather and open sky and any other gadgets the more the merrier. Any advice please from the 'experts' - seen a few well specced A2s available but two of the better ones are cat D which is not my preferred route. Or maybe any members are planning a sale and please bear me in mind. I am very fortunate to have owned a very low mileage A2 from new, are there particular concerns/things to watch out for regards 100k plus A2 vehicles (which given their age is obviously most of them) ?

Many thanks for reading my ramblings. All advice gratefully appreciated. Paul.

There are lots of write ups/buyers guides, search the forum but I'm sure someone will be along soon with a hotlist of checks. Re the Leather, yes it can be fitted, find the best you can

One idea on the Cat D ones (if they're specced up to the 9s) is to get them for parts as they're relatively cheap route and there are loads of people on the forum here who are usually willing to help out with the techy/grafting bit.

If it's of interest I will have a nice low miler 1.6fsi for sale in a couple of weeks, not top spec but good and solid. GG's only done 57k miles, light blue (don't know the official name) SE model.

Newcomer to the site but a proud A2 owner for the past 14 years. Have a lovely island green metallic A2 1.4 petrol SE with fully operational open sky (52 reg), and only 54k genuine miles. Had the car from new (it was a demonstrator for three months at Charles Audi, Crewe). Always been used as a second car hence low mileage. I've had two A8's and currently drive an Audi S8 - but the aluminum build quality on the A2 I'd say is better than all the others. Not really a 'car' man but very taken with the A2 and seek help on a couple of matters:

Leather Seats

Current seats are beige cloth but would love to have leather. Everyone, is it possible to swap over leather seats into this car i.e. are they compatible. Can get a set of leather seats from a local scrapyard.

A second A2

I like 'Audley' so much - that's what the wife calls him ! - I'd like to buy a second A2. Either a diesel (slight preference) or a 1.6 Fsi. Would love to have leather and open sky and any other gadgets the more the merrier. Any advice please from the 'experts' - seen a few well specced A2s available but two of the better ones are cat D which is not my preferred route. Or maybe any members are planning a sale and please bear me in mind. I am very fortunate to have owned a very low mileage A2 from new, are there particular concerns/things to watch out for regards 100k plus A2 vehicles (which given their age is obviously most of them) ?

Many thanks for reading my ramblings. All advice gratefully appreciated. Paul.

Re leather . Yes its a straight swap. If you want SE seats they are cheaper. You could upgrade further to sports seats with lumbar support but the wiring would need retrofitting. (our resident boffin timmus is highly recommended)
As for as another A2 keep you eyes open, a very nice 51 plate with all the toys recently changed owners.

Back