Help... bonnet stuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmorley

Well, ok, "bonnet" isn't the right word - "Service Module" is what I have in mind. It no longer opens when you activate the release cable :( I seem to remember someone here having a similar problem but I can't find the post through the search option...

Any ideas?

I'm not desperately worried - the car will be soon be returning to the garage for the second visit in its 3 week life to get the CD changer fixed... I just don't want to run out of washer fluid on the motorway in the meantime.

--
m. Azure Blue 2003 1.6 FSI SE | OpenSky | ECC | DIS | Isofix | ERW | Symphony II (duff) | Space-Floor-Box | Winter Pack | Auto-Dimming Rear View thingy...

Try, pushing the "release" handle in all the way. then push the service module closed (just to make sure its firmly closed) and then pull the release handle fully.

This worked for me, I haden't pushed the handle back fully so wasen't locking correctly.

Lee,
TDI SE,
Dolphin Grey,
6 Disc Changer (Fitted by me)

This happened to our car in the first few weeks of ownership - just ring the Audi breakdown/recovery line (the number was included on a little card in the folder with all the manuals, and on the tax disc holder in our car). I explained that I needed to check the oil as the car was new, they sent someone out to us within an hour or so, fixed the module, and checked and topped up the oil.

Neil - Aug 02 1.4SE Petrol. Brilliant Blue. Yellow/Black Interior, Symphony, Open Sky, Climate, DIS, Multi-function wheel

Thanks chaps... I'll try those options (in that order :)) when I get home this evening.

Cheers,

--
m. Azure Blue 2003 1.6 FSI SE | OpenSky | ECC | DIS | Isofix | ERW | Symphony II (duff) | Space-Floor-Box | Winter Pack | Auto-Dimming Rear View thingy...

Sorted... thanks.

--

ours is always a complete nightmare. You have to pull the lever really hard while someone else prises it open.
Great if you're on your own!

Rich

You have yet to master the art of doing both at once yourself.

Tut tut. Not a very dedicated Auid owner are you!!!!.

You could go for the "very long stick with elaborate hook on end" method.

Or employ a friendly dog to learn the trick....

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

I don't get it. My bonnet always opens..

When I pull the lever I feel a click at the end and then the bonnet is open. It's never stuck. Maybe a trip to the dealer could sort it out...

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

I had it for the first time today (whilst washing and giving the car the once over for tomorrows social).

After making sure it was shut firmly, then pulling the release really hard, it opened. This was after several previous attempts. Might just have to go back to the dealers for a tweak.:(

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

When we had the problem it required much more than a tweak, the guy who came out to the car temporarily fixed the problem, but it had to go to the dealer in the end - they had to replace the whole cable and put a new catch on the inside of the flap. The guys said the problem is that there's too much cable to 'tweak', it's a good couple of meters longer than the LHD version as it runs all the way round the engine bay.

Neil - Aug 02 1.4SE Petrol. Brilliant Blue. Yellow/Black Interior, Symphony, Open Sky, Climate, DIS, Multi-function wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back