Help, Front Bumper Damaged

Dear Wise Ones,

I need help, I let that muppet I married use my baby and guess what he has damaged it:mad:

Is there any thing that can be done?:confused:

Regards,

heidi987321

Looks like they've pulled the bottom out on a high kerb or something similar.

You can either try heating the area with a hot hairdryer (or cool heatgun) and pressing it back until cool, or if this doesn't work, secure it to the undertray with a short self-tapping screw.

Cheers,

Mike

I used a heat gut (hot air) on someones front bumper. It must be very hot then you can bring it to the original shape.

Thank you for your help, my husband gets to live another day!!!lol

Not sure how long it will be before I let him drive the A2 again!!!!!!!!

Hi Heidi
After looking at my front bumper today and comparing it with your photo I suspect it could be the undertray which has popped out from under the leading edge of the bumper. Its normally held in place by a load of self tapping screws so even if your better half???? had bounced off a speed hump or kerb then I'm surprised it has dropped down - unless all the screws were't replaced at a previous service. Hope I have not weakened your grounds for divorce.

Cheers Spike

Dear Spike,

I am afraid it was the bumper damage as the plastic had was clearly caught on something.

Shame he fixed it then washed the car to say sorry! then left the passager window open when he jet washed it!!!! So if you have any idea's on how to remove water marks from the light grey car seats???

Divorce is still an option!!!! lol

Heidi987321

Dear Spike,

I am afraid it was the bumper damage as the plastic had was clearly caught on something.

Shame he fixed it then washed the car to say sorry! then left the passager window open when he jet washed it!!!! So if you have any idea's on how to remove water marks from the light grey car seats???

Divorce is still an option!!!! lol

Heidi987321

Heidi his name isn't Mr Bean is it?
... LOL :D

I am begining to wonder!!! lol

He says the car hates him, oh well

Mr B has a van to drive so the poor A2 does not have to suffer him that often.

lol

Hi Heidi,

Autoglym upholstry cleaner is really good at removing water marks. I have cream coloured seats and they often get marked from dripping water when I opening the doors. Doesn't take long to clean, but a couple of hours to dry. It should be about £6 a bottle, but that will last for ages. Spray onto the seat, rub in with a damp cotton cloth (the less fluffy the better!) and then wipe the surface with a clean damp microfibre cloth to lift the dirt away. It also work wonders on any stains on your carpet (both in the car and the house!).

Good luck with re-training your husband!!! ;):)

David

Thank you, I will buy some tomorrow it will give him something to do after he has upgraded the lights, I am sure he would have done something else wrong by then that he needs to make up for!!! lol

Thanks for the e-bay link not sure the other half would pay for a respray, as you would have read he is not having much luck with the A2 at the moment.

wash to make up for bumper damage
light upgrade for jet wash damage

My baby will be higher spec then skipton's by christmas at this rate!!!!!lol

Back