Help... I just dunno!

fordy

my 1.6fsi is struggling to pull away in first, to the point of nearly stalling. I think there may also be air getting out of the exhaust somewhere in the middle, don't know if this could be related. Its doing my head in :mad:

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers, Ethan

My a2 does that to when I have the aircon on so not sure if thats related to your problem, could I suggest maybe your clutch?????:confused:

Hi Ethan
If the aircon trick makes no difference then consider having a diagnostic scan which should pinpoint any engine management problems.
Skipton Autos can't be too far from you if you need someone to this for you.

Cheers Spike

Thanks for the recommendation Spike - if you want to pop over, PM me Ethan.

I can't see the exhaust being the cause, as a lack of back pressure will actually help if anything.

Cheers,

Mike

I can't see the exhaust being the cause, as a lack of back pressure will actually help if anything.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike

That certainly true on our diesels but don't forget if there is a leak before one of the lambda sensors on a petrol exhaust then it can draw in air and screw up the lambda signals to the ECU.

Cheers Spike

True, but it'd have to be a fairly massive leak to screw the signal up by a lot and even then, I doubt it would cause the car to be reluctant at pulling away in first.

If Ethan gets in touch, I'll do my best to get to the bottom of the problems.

Cheers,

Mike

Back