Help! Instrument fault on our A2 - DEF Error and also reading 85mph stood still!

A2Look

Hi guys,

Its been a while, still have the A2 though - just can't part with it

However, we do have a pretty big fault with the dash at the moment. Its coming up with error:

65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error

Its showing up with the DEF error in the trip mileage section and also the speed needle is going up to 85mph when the ignition is on :(

I had borrowed my VCDS cable out so was using VAG Commander instead. I left the car hooked up, came back, and I think there has been some corruption of the EEPROM when the laptop battery died. I think I have a saved .BIN file anyway from previous but can't find it on my machine just yet.

Can any help on how I can reprogram the EEPROM on the VDO D04 instruments? I have got the VCDS back today and its showing this spec of dashboard:

Address 17: Instruments Labels: 8Z0-920-xxx-17.lbl
Part No: 8Z0 920 980 Q
Component: KOMBI+WEGFAHRS. VDO D04
Coding: 08430

Everything else is fine, starts and drives fine, all other instruments are well and good.

I am going to look for the .BIN EEPROM dump and see if I still have it, but what would you guys recommend (or who) to help with this?

Your help would be most appreciated guys....regards,

Having looked around, is it possible for anybody with a 1.4 TDI 2004 A2 to obtain a EEPROM dump from their dash instruments so it can be adapted to and reflashed to mine?

thanks,

Update: Nope, I didn't have any EEPROM dump saved (wouldn't have needed to as wasn't doing any work on that).

My question is now, is anybody able to read the EEPROM from their instrument cluster and send me over the .BIN file? (Maybe Mike?) :)
I have a DIS Cluster.

Back