Help Needed Pleaseeeeeee!

adam7157

Can some one help me please.I have just purchased a connects 2 which has the dension mount kit off ebay.I have just taken the radio out and the frigin thing wont fit in now i have no instuction with this bit of kit but the serial number is 380506100707 if this helps and the words MADS003 also listed.Now from what i can gather the red block already in my radio goes into one of the red blocks on the connects system and then the remainig red block off the connects system goes into the back of my radio.But oh no these blocks do not fit because the connections are in the middle and my ones are at the end i just dont get it i have a concert single cd radio and concert audi stereo was listed in the add.Just one more thing there is a black wire coming from the main connects 2 box out of the connecter block that goes no where is this right.I am pulling my hair out PLEEEEASE HELP thanks in advance you lovely people.:(

Adam, calm down! I have just got back from work, so missed your posts.

Can't see the photo you tried to post, so send me an email and attachit and I'll sort it out for you.

You'll need to explain a little clearer what the Connect 2 is - I'm familiar with Dension adapters, but not this one. The black lead is likely to be an earth - strip the end, tin it with solder and either tap it into an existing earth, or trap it under a screw in the radio chassis.

Cheers,

Mike

Adam, I've sent you an email reply - I don't hold out much hope of getting the harness in your photos to work - there's no 8-pin section to it, where the cd changer wires would go!

Also, I can't find reference to the part number you listed - the M is a mystery (the AD refers to an Audi model and the S to a Sony headunit!!!).

Cheers,

Mike

PS Since sending the email, I've found that the contact info has changed for Connects2 - the web address is still valid though - you can get the telephone number from there.

When I bought my sony connect 2 unit from the supplier the connector box sent was actually for an alfa romeo, they had to change one of the 2 boxes for the right one, possibly a similar problem, you are trying to connect correctly, as Mike said the black wire is an earth.
I'll pull my glove box out tonight and look what ref number is on the 2nd unit.
cheers,
Mike

Ok cheers guys thanks.Just one more thing it says written on it that it was from a concert stereo out of a 53 reg a3. I think they are a breakers that sell items on the internet.

Back