help please - komfortblinker

Antor

Hi, help please!!

Just bought a Kunset komfortblinker module off Ebay and wondered how to connect it. I have taken the existing original indicator relay out of the mount and removed it from the connector plug, which is a female 10 pin. The Komfortblinker module I bought has a circuit board, wrapped in heat shrink on the end of 5 wires. I assume that the circuit board on the end is the new relay and the 5 wires at the other end of the module connect into the female plug which is where the original relay connects into. With this in mind I also bought some male mini spade connectors and crimped them onto the end of the 5 wires to plug into the female plug. My problem is that I dont know which colour wire goes into which pin number on the female connector.

Has anyone any experience or have any advice they can please give me. I would greatly appreciate any help as I am tearing my hair out with this and trying to find an answer on line is proving very difficult:confused:

Never tried the type you mention. I have a Komfortblinker add-on but it's entirely plug and play with connectors that fit to the OEM connectors.

Was it a business seller you bought it from on eBay and, if so, have they tried to assist?

Komfortblinker is German for Convenience Indicator.

Normally, you can indicate in two ways: you either just push the stalk a little to temporarily engage the indicator, or you can push it a little harder and click it into position.
The Komfortblinker is a device which causes the indicators to flash 3 times if you just momentarily push the stalk up or down. So, if you're changing lanes on the motorway, for instance, you just tap the stalk up or down and your car will continue to indicate for a brief period whilst you've got both your hands back on the wheel.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tom

Plug 'n' Play

Never tried the type you mention. I have a Komfortblinker add-on but it's entirely plug and play with connectors that fit to the OEM connectors.

Was it a business seller you bought it from on eBay and, if so, have they tried to assist?

Hi Iain,

Who makes this little box? Are you able to point me in the direction of one?

Ta!

cum-cartec (and no, I'm not kidding, that's their real name) or Hähnel.

VW also do one, they're all around the €50 mark.

Bret

Did anyone order one? Do they work, what was the final price including postage. I would like the 3 click indicators as it annoys switching between the other car which has them..

It's on my 'to order' list, but I decided to prioritise new door check straps, temp sender and boot lid lock. Basically, I'm doing maintenance before upgrades.
I will order one eventually, though. I did a 4-hour motorway drive last night and a Komfortblinker would have been... well... Komfortable!

Back