HELP!!! Removing dealer's ad from inside rear window

jools88

Hi All!! Have just picked up yesterday my A2 from a dealer who has stuck a blue sticker on the top of the rear window. It covers some of the wires and I would like to remove it. However - I cannot even peel a corner - so fast is it stuck on! Has anybody any tips on what solvents perhaps that I could use? I would really appreciate some help on this.

:( :( :(

Don't you just hate it when dealers do that.

I often find lighter fuel works well with some sticker adhesives. Get one of those cans with the fine squirty nozzles (like the can on the right in the picture below):

_38394437_butane150.jpg

If you can get corner up - then try and 'feed' the fuel into adhesive. If it's covering the heater wires - avoid using any mechanical methods of removal on those areas.

If you don't have any luck with that - ask the dealer who supplies their stickers and ring them to find out the best solvent to use.

Good luck.

Ben

I have always warmed the sticker/adhesive with a hairdryer, works a treat.

Just wait til the lighter fluid has evaporated!!

Stickers

Hairdryers Do The Trick I Heated It Ifrom The Outside First Hop This Helps

Christophe

Why not just ask the dealer to remove the sticker - I don't suppose that you are contractually obliged to 'wear' it for them. They put it on (in a bloody stupid place too) so let them take it off - it might make them think in future.

Thanks for all your replies!
I have now removed it using a hairdryer and then some WD40 to remove the sticky residue.

Happy now!!!

:) :) :)

help

Why not charge him for the advertising space?
My caravan stealer asked if he could put a sticker on the van, and where would I like it.
If you didnt ask for the sticker, then ask them to remove it at their expense.

I wonder if the same is true of dealer-branded number plate holders. My plates look scruffy now because the plastic dealer name strip that is stuck on to the plate has since fallen off.

Alternatively, why don't we approach approved dealers to attach A2OC Window Stickers instead - our harmless self-cling stickers.

Ben

Back