help - symphony audio

For those of you with an Audi Symphony head unit here is a great little trick to get the optimum sound settings:
- Set all sound values to the centre: bass, mid
- Turn the head unit off.
- Press and hold button number "5" and turn the unit back on.
- 8 numbers should come up:
1 represents the front speaker bass
2 represents the front speaker middle
3 represents the front speaker trebble
4 represents the front speaker dunno (can't tell the difference)
5 represents the rear speaker bass
6 represents the rear speaker middle
7 represents the rear speaker trebble
8 represents the rear speaker dunno (can't tell the difference)
- To change the value, turn the volume dial and to move to the next number press TP/AS (it's one of them i can't remember off hand)
- Turn the unit off and back on again. Tada!!!
- I've set mine to 64555588
- And the regular bass to one notch past centre with the trebble 2-3 past centre. Sounds fab.

i cant seem to get this to work? my symphony dosen't have numbers just rectangles under the buttons but if i hold the fifth one still nothing?

is it because i have BOSE as well as the symphony? this is from a late 2002 car so does that make a difference?

thanks!

There are some photos of Audi A2 stereos in the gallery - I noticed that there are two versions of the Symphony pictured. Maybe the control sequences changed?

GrayB said:
There are some photos of Audi A2 stereos in the gallery - I noticed that there are two versions of the Symphony pictured. Maybe the control sequences changed?

yea mine doesnt say symphony II but then its not that old so i dont understand if its a difference system or not?

this is the one i have

Aud6.jpg

Hi stand alone complex
That's a Symphony 2.
The main difference was that earlier model could only take a single CD

Cheers Spike

ok thanks spike but why cant i adjust the settings as detailed in the original post? is it because of bose? or does it only work with the older symphony?

thanks

Back