Help with removing centre console( gear stick area)

Tontonly

Hello all, I need to remove parts of the centre console to get access to the yaw rate sensor(G202) which is suppose to be somewhere by the gear stick according to some previous posts.

I had a go yesterday but only managed to get off the plastics forward of the gear stick and gator. Unable to pull anymore off?

Can someone please let me know how to remove more of the fixings or point me to some other previous posts with more details.

Kind regards
Tony

Yer it is in the front tunnel section.

Now from memory as a pointer:

You need to remove the footwell side trims. Drivers side, you need to get fingers underneath it, then pull towards you and out. On LHS you need to take a torx screw out from the very end under the dash board, covered buy a plastic cap.

Then pull the gater out of the console and remove the plastic base to the storage bit, just up and pulls out.

Then unscrew upper side trims buy removing 4 torx screws. Lift them up and out.

Then you need to slide handbrake handle / compartment off the handbrake, remove rear ash tray.

Then unscrew the remaining torx scres from the main console frame and from under where the rear ashtray was.

Console should then lift up and over the gear stick and handbrake if memory serve me well.

Sensors are under where the gear pulleys run foward into engine bay.

John

Have you got elsa win??

If your gonna be doing stuff yourself its a good thing to have a not that expensive.

Back