Help!!

trisyork

Hi all,

I have a 1.6 FSI which has had the engine warning light on for some time now. I have had various diagnostics done and they have been cleared only for the light to come on again. Recently it mis fired and broke down and the RAC changed 3 coil packs and re set all the various messages on the diagnostics (I changed the last coil pack later just in case).

Thought all was ok then the light came on again. Passed MOT recently (thought it might not have) so it shouldnt be an emission's problem (should it?). It also feels like it has lost power, especially when accelerating.

If anyone has had similar experience or knows more than Audi (not difficult) it would be a great help, its really doing my head in!

Tris, York

--->8---WARNING! Humour!

<beeep>

If you are having problems with your engine management light, please press 0.

<beeep>

Welcome to the engine management diagnostics line. Unfortunately, all our agents are currently busy and you are in a queue. Please hold the line. Remember that if you want our agents to accurately diagnose your problem, you must provide them with a list of all the relevant fault codes from a recent diagnostic scan. <brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr>

---8<---- humour ends here

But I think you get the point. York ain't too far from the master himself, Skipton - get yourself over there and get it scanned, because without the numbers we can't really help.

Bret

Ha! York isn't that far, but it's far enough. Had I Tank, I would be passing York in a couple of weeks time, on the way to Whitby for the Goth Festival, but I really doubt I'll be trekking over there in a Yaris!

If you want to pop over, feel free - it's just a hop down the A64/M1/M62 and I'd be pleased to see if I couldn't get to the bottom of the problem.

Cheers,

Mike

Back