Chat Help!

Akeel

Well basically I have only one key for my a2 tdi 75 and I went ahead and tried changing the full housing for the key swapping everything over including the little glass transponder. I ended up breaking the glass capsule therefore the car won't start because of the immobiliser now I'm stuck and I need help in what to do

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

I believe I read on here somewhere that you can buy the transponder from Audi for around £5, fit it into your key fob, then you need someone with full vagcom to program the key for you. I know timmus can do that, he is in Lancaster, but there may be a member around the Manchester area who is some what more local to you.
Alternatively you can just buy a replacement key from ebay and get this programmed to your car, but I rather like the look of your newer style key fob :)

When did you find out the transponder was bust, when I spoke with you on Saturday you said that it still worked (I must admit I was surprised when you said you broke the glass and it still worked). The immobiliser uses the transponder which is totally independent from the central locking which the key fob operates

Cheers,

Last edited:
Don't buy used keys as these can't be used as once paired with a car the chip for immobiliser is married to a single car

Shame I am not nearer as would gladly help. If you gets virgin chip and try and raise timmus he can helo

Thanks for that guys , yep depronman I thought that by me unlocking and turning the ignition to acc it was working I never turned it fully, the airbags and a few other things were disconnected. So I tried it today and the immobiliser light flashes and cuts the engine , I'll have a look online Paul if I can find a new chip thanks again

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Back