Help!!!

Josh1994

I have a 2000 1.4 105k it’s runs fine but just went to the garage to see why the abs light is on and nothing. It has 17” alloys the garage says this could be why the stability light and abs light is on. They can’t wipe them I’ve already had to pay for a new battery because they said that could be the problem. I know the tracking is out too. Anyone help the car needs to be on the road this week

It won’t be that, I had tyres that were a different size on mine and the traction control only kicked in on very tight corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be the tracking. Is the steering wheel not straight when ur driving? Had traction light and abs light lit on a 53 plate beetle due to a bent steering arm and bad tracking.

I think The abs and traction takes info from the steering angle sensor and speed. There is a procedure to recalibrate it (Google it u might be lucky) . If not ask the garage to check the steering angle sensor readings with vcds. When steering wheel and front wheels straight should be 0 degrees.

Last edited:
Could be the tracking. Is the steering
I think The abs and traction takes info from the steering angle sensor and speed. There is a procedure to recalibrate it.

wheel not straight when ur driving? Had traction light and abs light lit on a 53 plate beetle due to a bent steering arm and bad tracking.
Yes it’s not straight so it could be this I will try it tomorrow that’s the best info yet thank you

Yes it was the steering sensor due to a bent steering arm. All replaced and all happy and healthy thank you so much as I would’ve spent ages looking and replacing sensors ?

Back