Help

stefthecelt

Filled up with normal petrol on Monday done 176 miles and now need to fill up again what is that about anyone advise?

Regards,
Stephen.

Hi

I remember once I had a VW Polo petrol engine 1.2S and the damn thing would drink the stuff. Was getting 230 out of a full tank. Was told by the dealer that I should be using super unleaded and not the usual supermarket fuel.

Was told that in germany there is only super unleaded so all cars run on this.

I have a TDI Sport so probbaly not able to help too much apart from advsing on the usual stuff, like air filers etc.

Imran

Hi

I remember once I had a VW Polo petrol engine 1.2S and the damn thing would drink the stuff. Was getting 230 out of a full tank. Was told by the dealer that I should be using super unleaded and not the usual supermarket fuel.

Was told that in germany there is only super unleaded so all cars run on this.

I have a TDI Sport so probbaly not able to help too much apart from advsing on the usual stuff, like air filers etc.

Imran

Changed to shell v power got 261 miles from a full tank getting checked at the garage on Tuesday will let you know of the results.

cool. The only down side is that the super unleaded stuff costs a wee bit more, how is the power in the car, do you feel it drives smoother. Also I know my diesel runs better in the cold, I am assuming petrol cars operate better at colder temperatures as well. As you know the weather has been a bit strange the last couple of days, so sometimes it is difficult to monitor accurately your MPG.

Best to kepp a running log of all your fuel/total mileage/ fill up- stations/ cost.

Imran

Back