Help_Which Intercooler to get

A2K

I have recently bought an A2 Tdi 2002 and had my cambelt, waterpump and alternator belt done last Monday by John Austin for £294.40 all in which I thought is a very reasonable price. Upon inspecting the car from under the ramp we noticed seeping oil due to the plastic attachment detaching from the intercooler. It seems to drive ok but I am a gentle driver and have not noticed any lost of power but felt best to get it done. I have rang around and there are a few different makes available. Question is do they make much difference and which should I get? I noticed BOLK and Nissens have a combination of metal and plastic.

From Mr-Auto they have BOLK at £58.68, Nissens £151.43 and Vileo £282.30

German and Swedish have quoted me £107.40 for a Nissens

Europarts £164.40 for a EIS

TPS £269 for a genuine Audi

Audi £295.58

Can't recommend one in particular but you have to make sure the new inter cooler comes with the correct size fitting for the pressure sensor otherwise you end up buying a new sensor - that isn't cheep.
I'm sure someone else can shine more light. Mike

"the larger sensor is 18mm and was used up to chassis number 8Z-2-027-00" and My chasis is WAUZZZ8Z32N02836, so is mine the smaller sensor?

These are only for the 75, the 90 has no holes. But I did fit one, you have to block both large and tiny holes, I plastic welded both.

Back