Here's SUZY...

45bvtc

A2OC Donor
Adding a 2004 1.4 Tdi A2 to run with our RS3 (BLUEY) and TT roadster (Sandy): having owned and run a 2003 1.6FSI for 5-years previously we decided we needed another: rather than better/newer/faster we had a look back over the shoulder moment.

Always respectful of the A2 from concept to production we found a 1.4 Tdi (90bhp) within 5-minites off looking; located within 7-miles from home it has FULL Audi service history (the last four at Stafford Audi a garage we know and respect very well), leather and Alcantara trim, and a relatively low 81K miles.

An MOT and FULL service today at Stafford Audi and the car is now here.

Tomorrow she's having a new set of brake discs and brake pads; 4-refurbished 16inch x 7J alloy wheels with Vredestein Wintrac Xtream tyres (Michelin Pilot Sport 3 on the same 16inch x 7J rims in late March/April), a new battery, new carpets, and a new windscreen wiper blade - for now...

We think it an investment, well worth fitting quality parts for reliable use. And a great Audi with which to compliment an Audi TT roadster and an Audi RS3.

Any chance of some pictures please - it took me ages to find something similar and sounds very nice

Hi,

Welcome,

Great choice of car, great choice of forum too.

Hope to see more pictures and more posts.

Steve B

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your new car :cool:

The work begins tomorrow, Chownie, with new front and rear brake discs and pads, four new rims (same) and winter tyres, and a new battery....

P1020091xx.jpg

Now I already own an RS3 and an 2.0 TFSi DSG Audi TT roadster...

BLOWN away with this Audi A2 3-cylinder 1.4 TDi (90bhp)! What a machine! What a laugh...

We've had a 1.6FSI A2 before and loved it; the versatility, handling, braking, etc., just amazing. But we're now into an RS3 and a 2.0 TFSi TT ragtop; both magic cars, make no mistake.

But we now need an easy (hospital) park, no worries car. Looked at a new Yeti, Golf, Polo, Fabia, etc., and then thought, how about an A2? Had a look on Pistonheads and there's a 54plate/81K A2 @ £4250 with FULL Stafford Audi Service history 7-miles away; let's go look.

A quick look, no dents but as per usual rusty brakes, followed by a blast up the road (lots of smoke so local drives only...) and £4k - to include a complete service and MOT with Stafford Audi - is agreed.

Now I'm a tad more particular than our local Audi Dealership so a new set of brake discs and pads, and a set of winter tyres are on order. Along with a new battery (not really necessary) and some 12-hours of TLC and I can't still laughing.

I can't get this thing below 48mpg; and I'm trying, lots. I cannot drive the RS3 and/or TT this hard! It's truly go-kart like!

Whatever you drive, whatever you do, wherever you go, whatever you buy; take a good hard look at an Audi A2 1.4 Tdi (90bhp).

And remember; Audi lost £4000 on each and every one due to construction enhancements; they really were/are that good!

P1000515x.jpg

Looks very nice!

I loved my old TDI 90's! Such a quick little car! The torque, lightweight and low running cost is very addictive.

Im keeping an eye out for another 90.

Glad to hear that other people feel the same way as I do (and many others on here) about this magic little car.

If you like the 90 (as I do) wait until you have had it remapped!!!!

It is a little flier as it is, but the remap takes it to another level.

Have fun (I am sure you will)

Steve B

Suzie looks brilliant! Enjoy! I've had Alison for nearly a year! She is great fun and one cannot put a price on the smile factor!

Now I already own an RS3 and an 2.0 TFSi DSG Audi TT roadster...

BLOWN away with this Audi A2 3-cylinder 1.4 TDi (90bhp)! What a machine! What a laugh...

View attachment 17623

If you're enjoying it now, book yourself in for a remap with Stealth.. my old TDI90 was transformed to another level with 122bhp, a wider more flexible power band, and a plateau of torque delivery instead of the stock spike.. B-)

Ahem, it's a tool to do a job. If I want more I'll drop into the TT, and if I want more it'll be the RS3...

For me, the A2 does exactly what it says, and I love it. I don't need to change it! Ok, Suzy's on 16-inch x 7J rims with 205/50 redestein Wintrac Xtream's and that makes a huge difference to the ride; a spare set of 16-inch x 7J rims now refurbished at JP Alloys will have Michelin Pilot Sport 3's tyres fitted tomorrow; but they'll not be strapped to Suzy until the ambient temperatures are at 7 deg C and above - so looking at April/May.

Sister-in_law's A2 runs TOYO cold weather tyres all year round and they suit the car just fine. Toyo said they'd prefer UK users to use a winter tyre 52-weeks of the year rather that run a summer tyre in winter; and I 100% agree with than. me? I'll swap 'em over: I do the same with the TT and RS3.

This A2 is an amazingly good piece of machinery! And I'm thinking Suszy has made a home for herself for a loooong time yet!

The one and only negative: I don'y half miss the DSG gearbox and paddle shift changes of the TT and RS3 - so much quicker/faster...

Them that says I don't want an automatic have never driven a modern DSG gearbox in anger...

Last edited:
Back