Hesitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vartec

:(

My new Audi 1.6fsi Sport(400 miles only)has a problem. When accelerating on a light throttle there is hesitation and an apparent lack of power. If I use a heavy right foot everything seems fine though. I have also noticed, on occasions, that the engine will rev itself when backing-off (not nice)or when changing gear. It really is spoiling an otherwise entertaining car. It's been back to Audi who "can find no fault" (Presumably their diagnostic equipment hasn't actually driven the car?). It will of course be going back. I think it could be a fault with the throttle system.
Anyone experienced a similar problem and found a fix for it?

Hi,
I also have been experiencing "hesitation" when accelerating through the gears. It starts OK, but after revving to 3500 and shifting to second gear, the car hesitates for a split second before it "gives gas" and continues to accelerate. Same between second and third gear etc.

I actually hear that the engine is silent for this split second before starting to sound normal again.

Will go to dealer and check tomorrow.

/Martin

2003 A2 petrol with some extras!

Just out of interest, what petrol are you using-normal or super?.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Just wondering as officially your supposed to use the powerful stuff and would the lower grade cuse the hesitation?.

Engines these days are so well tuned it could be that?.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Hi,
I have the 1.4 engine, I don't need 98 octane fuel. Spoke to Audi techician yesterday. There are two switches controlling the accelerator pedal action; brake- an clutch switches.

The accelerator action is dependent of those two switches (try braking and giving gas at the same time). Also, the car is optimised to give low emissions and this might explain the hesitation during hard acceleration. It will not allow the extra "spray" of fuel to be injected. Software controlled.

I will drive for a month or so, and if I still don't like it, I will leave it to the dealer to check.

2003 A2 petrol with some extras!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back