Hi from Dublin

Greetings and thanks for letting me join. Just picked up a 2001 A2 1.4 SE here in South Dublin. Car is a bit grotty but drives beautifully. If there are any other members from around here it would be good to connect for advice etc.

Have already learned a huge amount from existing threads.

Primary faults are to do with locks - e.g. (not looking for assistance in this intro thread :) )
  • Remote key locking won't work. Tried 3 different pairing methods mentioned here and replaced key battery with no success.
  • Drivers door lock/unlock on key does not operate central locking. Not sure if this is by design
  • Inside Switch on drivers door locks all doors but does not unlock front near side door.
  • Electric Fuel filler flap release does not work
  • Door open detection not working on drivers door (which I understand from threads here prevents the fuel flap from working)
Thanks to this club, I'm already well down the road to diagnosis on all of the above, and look forward to focussing on the really important stuff like bluetooth ;)

Getting a deep clean today then a service and new clutch next week.
20220503_101444615_iOS.jpg
20220503_101506747_iOS.jpg

Hi and welcome to the club. That's a fine looking A2.

Locking problems and remotes often play up in old age. You may need a new CCCU and fobs to sort at least some of the issues.

@timmus is the resident guru when it comes to such matters.

The key unlock only opens the driver's door by design.

Hi there. Im in Tipperary. Congrats on the new car.
I too have a dysfunctional drivers door lock which causes fuel filler cap release to not work. One of these days Ill get around to fixing it!

Welcome ds20prefecture, nice looking A2 👌. I'm based in Meath so not too far, shoot me a PM if you need any help
Thanks for taking the time to meet and read the codes Tipptop - i'm very envious of your A2 :)
Of course I left the wrong rear seat release at your place - I took yours and you have mine.

Car is now serviced. Intermittent miss on #4 diagnosed and a couple of other bits fixed.
Next up is the key/CCCU

No bother, what was the fix for the miss? I see the but of trim there can post it if you like, although I guess you need a whole seat

No bother, what was the fix for the miss? I see the but of trim there can post it if you like, although I guess you need a whole seat
New plugs and a lead (#4 lead was damaged). hang onto the trim - as you say I'll need a new seat., but let me know if you want yours!

Roll forward a month and we're a lot happier with the car. Inside cleaned up beautifully, outside has lots of wear but no rust (as you'd expect) and the paint has plenty of gloss left

Pretty much all the lock issues sorted with replacement parts from @Ami and a CCCU/Keys from @timmus
First aid kit and Wiper arm sourced from @depronman make it look a lot newer.
New coil & leads means it runs as sweet as you like.

Still lots to do, but it's good enough to hand over to my sister (the real owner). She's replacing her 1979 Citroen GS Special after it proved uneconomical to restore.

It's such a timeless design - i've been asked 3 times now "is it electric?", I guess because of the flat grille. I wish...

20220609_171856171_iOS.jpg
20220609_171909929_iOS.jpg
20220609_171914055_iOS.jpg
20220609_171924226_iOS.jpg

Good work but the last picture suggests to me the the rear seats are not sitting right. The nearside looks off level?

Andy

Last edited:
For sure. The near side is banjaxed, locked in position. I need a new seat as it’ll have to be cut out
Have a read of this thread it may give you inspiration to remove it without cutting it out.

Other threads around, just a matter of finding them.

Andy

Roll forward a month and we're a lot happier with the car. Inside cleaned up beautifully, outside has lots of wear but no rust (as you'd expect) and the paint has plenty of gloss left

Pretty much all the lock issues sorted with replacement parts from @Ami and a CCCU/Keys from @timmus

Still lots to do, but it's good enough to hand over to my sister (the real owner). She's replacing her 1979 Citroen GS Special after it proved uneconomical to restore.

It's such a timeless design - i've been asked 3 times now "is it electric?", I guess because of the flat grille. I wish...

View attachment 95424View attachment 95425View attachment 95426View attachment 95427
It looks lovely :)

View attachment 95424View attachment 95425View attachment 95426View attachment 95427

It’s looking loved again my friend
Well done
Your sister will be well chuffed with it

Regards Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greetings and thanks for letting me join. Just picked up a 2001 A2 1.4 SE here in South Dublin. Car is a bit grotty but drives beautifully. If there are any other members from around here it would be good to connect for advice etc.

Have already learned a huge amount from existing threads.

Primary faults are to do with locks - e.g. (not looking for assistance in this intro thread :) )
  • Remote key locking won't work. Tried 3 different pairing methods mentioned here and replaced key battery with no success.
  • Drivers door lock/unlock on key does not operate central locking. Not sure if this is by design
  • Inside Switch on drivers door locks all doors but does not unlock front near side door.
  • Electric Fuel filler flap release does not work
  • Door open detection not working on drivers door (which I understand from threads here prevents the fuel flap from working)
Thanks to this club, I'm already well down the road to diagnosis on all of the above, and look forward to focussing on the really important stuff like bluetooth ;)

Getting a deep clean today then a service and new clutch next week.
View attachment 94024View attachment 94025
Hello, from Malahide and recently acquired a very similar project A2. Had emissions issues which stymied progress but getting there!
20220807_004650.jpg

VideoCapture_20220807-005251.jpg

20220807_004822.jpg

20220807_004839.jpg

Hello, from Malahide and recently acquired a very similar project A2. Had emissions issues which stymied progress but getting there!
Welcome to the forum :) Interesting alloys in your later shots, any idea what they came off?

Back