Hi from Germany

Mankmil

Hi all,

after a very warm welcome (thanks to Birchall) I'd like to say 'Hallo' to everyone. I'd like to congratulate you to your excellent taste on cars. :)

I'm from the south of germany (also known as bavaria) but I've been born in the captial. So I beg your pardon for my school english. ;)

I was infected with the A2-virus through my wife - she bought our first A2 (1.4i). It started with a hate-love because we had to spend a lot of time with each other (me and the A2) repairing a lot of A2-typic-problems. :mad: When this was done, I loved this car and decided to buy my own one. But not such a 'simple' one like a 1.4i - it HAD TO be a A2 3L 1.2tdi.

And I got this car - okay it was broken, but it was cheap: http://www.a2-freun.de/forum/showthread.php?t=49947 ... and it is back on the road (from spring to autumn).

Viele Grüße ins schöne England (I really like your country :) )

Mankmil

Your English is great, very impressive!!!

I think that our members the rest of the UK will forgive you for calling it England (instead of the UK etc.)

Steve B

Hi mankmil and welcome to A2oc. Are you aware that some of the German A2 owners drive over and attend the biggest Audi only show with us? It would be great to see you and your A2. Andre is his name also having a 3L----here is a link to last years show, it was very wet but it is usually very nice weather.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...he-park-2014-no-longer-a-world-record-attempt

jump to page 12 its where the pictures start.

I'm sure Andre would love another A2 to travel over with. Hope to see you cheers mike

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! As an Englishman married to a wonderful German lady I have holidayed in Bavaria a number of times. If finances allowed we would happily live there too.....

Germany is a wonderful place - booked a mini holiday in Berlin in May. My wife would like to see the sights - i would like to drink Krombacher :)

Off to Berlin in 4 weeks for a long weekend and then northern Germany coastal holiday in August with the caravan behind the A6 for 2.5 weeks.

If you see a dark blue A2, with Norwegian plates, flying on A1 and A7 this summer, that will be me :)

Cheers,
Darko

Back