Hi from North Lincs

Pat J

Hi from North Lincs. I've just got myself an '01 1.4 SE petrol in a light metallic blue with 71k on the clock one owner from new for a cracking price.
As part of the deal I had the front drivers side wheel bearing changed as it was grumbling although the passenger one has a slight grumble now so will get them to sort that under warranty as well as the starter motor which doesn't sound to disengage properly.
I am currently doing a few little jobs that need doing like replacing the wheel centre caps as the previous owner had broke them and then glued them in place. I've bit the bullet and purchased genuine ones from the dealer as I've had previous issues with some ebay specials that were a terrible fit. I've also ordered the trim with the storage bit that replaces the handbrake cover and also looking at finding the rear cup holder as well.
I'm going to be fitting an aftermarket headunit as it still has a tape player fitted and possibly fit some rear speakers as there is no sound from the rear.
I'll probably end up doing some other bits to it as and when time and cashflow allow.
No doubt I'll be asking a fair few questions in the next few weeks as I start doing little bits to the car.
I'll post some pics up in the next few days once I've given it a clean and started my little jobs on it.:cool:

Yes, welcome.

By the way, put the starter motor noise way down the list, apart from it being a bit noisy on the overrun they can last a LONG time like that, it is a common fault.

Cheers
Steve B

Garage have said they will replace it at no cost to me so I'll be getting it done by them.
Just ordered some pressed steel plates as there was an advisory on the ones fitted and they aren't on straight which is really bugging me lol. just got to find some plate surrounds so I don't have to drill the pressed plates.
I'm also going to take the A2 and 1.4 badges off the boot as well as I like the debadged look.

Hi Pat
Congratulations on a great choice of car!

Although you like the de-badged look, you might change your mind about badging it with an A2OC badge?

Enjoy your A2 and the forum!

Hilary

Hi Pat J .firstly welcome .. if you get the chance to come to an a2oc meet/social of which there is one next month you could get them from there off a gent called a2sumo who im sure will be replying to your thread .. failing that pm him n im sure he would find a way to sort you out ... zippy

Well I called at the garage I got the car from today and it goes in next Monday to sort the starter motor and one of the wheel bearings as its grumbling at the moment.

Hi pat as others have already welcomed you I will just just add that your welcome to join us at the socials and I do have the club decals and badges with me at the socials. It's good to hear that the garage is going to sort the issues out on your new car. Enjoy your car and enjoy A2oc Cheers Mike

Back