Hi,new owner

Ianth

A2OC Donor
Hi all,only been a member for a few weeks and those weeks was spent studying all and everything.i have been a "Audi " fan ever since the 80s having had many different models,my current being a 2007 rs4 with only 22000 miles,as there aren't many of these around I decided to keep it from a investment point of view and get myself a model I have always admired but never owned to use as a daily runaround minimising wear and tear on the rs.
This leads me to my purchase........a2 1.4tdi.
I wasted a fair few journeys looking for one and for various reasons was left dissapointed in the ones I saw,even ones that was getting on for £5g wasn't a standard I personaly think is acceptable for the prices asked with no flexibility,service history etc.maybe its me being to picky :).
Anyhow I lowered my expectations and was beginning to think I wouldn't find one,then I saw one on eBay that sounded interesting,2004 silver 48000 mile,7 owners.the seller used the description as immaculate,hahaha.
I went to view it and yes it was tidy for a old car,there was a receipt for a engine replacement in 2008 that concerned me and sure enough after hpi ing the car it was a cat d in 2008. To be fair there wasnt any obvious signs of repair except this engine receipt so after negotiating its now mine.
So far I haven't found anything hidden that I hadn't already noted......gearbox needs some attention,1st to 2nd crunches and gearstick is all over the place,the selector has a lot of movement on top of the box so maybe a bearing.
There is the second floor in the boot but I need to source a spare now as there is only the glue and compressor,so if any one has one please pm me.usual wear of various buttons but overall I am chuffed with it for what it owes me.
Here's a few photos of it.. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

And here's the rs and the car I had before it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 257
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Hi Ianth,

Welcome.

That looks like a great little A2 you found.

Like the colour and it looks like a clean example

I also like the other Audis!!!

Looking forward to hearing more.

Steve B

Was this the car that sold on a £2800 highest bid ?. I seem to remember a couple of our members trying to contact the seller without much joy - i hope all goes well though Ian.
Ta
Dave

Last edited:
It's that car yes,I myself had sent the seller a few messages through eBay and tried ringing/texting him.eventualy he got back to me,shifty geezer to be honest which made me double my efforts to see what was wrong with the car.he was after £3000 for it but sorted a deal for it at £2100 after pointing out to him it was cat d,he had a mate that was bidding it up on eBay !!!so it didnt actualy sell for 2800 :) personaly I think its a great price for it.

It sounds like a perfectly good deal at that price - i hope it doesnt turn into a "moneypit" though.
Ta
Dave
:)

Well the only things that need doing is gearbox bearings,the rest I can live with such as paint rubbed of switchgear and other minor cosmetics.i got him to put a new mot on it also and it went through without any advisories.
Other things such as a spare wheel are only minor issues that I will sort as and when.

Hi Ianth, Welcome to the club. That is indeed a great colour. Like the previous collection too. I wonder how many owners have other Audis too.
You're not far from me. If you see a Black A2 around and about ( normally at Wickes) then give us a wave.

Well i have updated this one now to a shiny black one with a better spec for me so will be looking for a new owner quite soon,in a way will be sorry to see this one go as its been a pleasure to drive,even got used to taking the 2nd gear slowly to avoid the crunch!!
It's been ultra reliable and cruises on the motorway effortlessly,obviously it will always be a cat d but I can't find any signs of repair anywhere so I think for one reason or another it needed the engine replacement which categorised it,done 52000 now,any idea on realistic price anyone.

Back