HID Lights,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

EF MAX

HID Lights,, look good but the conversion is not cheap. Most HID system produce a sweet white light of around 5000K in colour temp. Compared to a typical 2500K – 3000K of most halogen system, this is bright.

Well if you fancy a change but not the cost, check out www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk they have a set of H7 bulbs [direct replacement for our headlights] that are a whopping 7500K in colour temp and are only £22.99 for a pair and they even throw in a set of ice blue side light bulbs as well, p+p is inc.

These bulbs are even sweeter than most HID. They produce an amazing blue white light that is clean and improves the visibility of the road very well. Without changing anything else, the beam pattern appears deeper and wider and of course you have that amazing silver blue tint in your headlights that is just unmistakeable fashionable right now.

They also do a Xenon H3 replacement by Phillips that is a marked improvement over the standard [lets go blue with our lights brands] but this is only 4000K, don’t get me wrong, this is bright enough to make you get noticed.

I am a happy bunny this winter..

How about this baby:

Philips NightGuide

3-in-1 Safety Technology for today's driver
Philips Automotive Lighting creates active safety technologies that are designed to illuminate your car, secure your road, and enlighten your world. Interweaving technical innovation with a genuine concern for the safety and driving comfort of those drivers who benefit from our products, our NightGuide range of lamps projects refined and focused light into three color zones that provide today’s driver with the right visual information at the right time.

With NightGuide, our commitment to leveraging leading technical innovation in the service of the safety and comfort of today’s driver has not changed. It has, rather, matured. With NightGuide we have sculpted our projected light into three zones of color:

The Safety Zone. See better/Anticipate better.
NightGuide generates a focused and brilliantly “white lit” hot spot for your car. With a light projection that provides 50% more light on the road compared to standard lamps, this hot spot is located at approximately 75 meters from your car.

The Comfort Zone. More Focus on the Safety Zone/More visual comfort for oncoming drivers.
The subtle yellow light of the Comfort Zone encourages today’s driver to focus more on his/her Safety Zone while at the same time providing a warm light for oncoming drivers.

The Information Zone. Better road sign visibility.
The brilliant blue light of our Information Zone provides better road sign visibility at that time and position when the driver most needs this information.

Oh, and it has a superior UV filter builtin to prevent the headlights from becoming brittle.

s_prodsheet_ng_spec.jpg

http://www.lighting.philips.com/in_...l_nl&parent=1_3&id=in_en_car_lighting&lang=nl

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

I recently bought some Osram SilverStars off VAG Parts, using my 10% discount :)
I'm so far very happy with them. They not only give further visability, but they also have improved short distance vision.

Though when I am overtaken by a car with HID bulbs I can still tell the difference. With the HID being much brighter and giving a cleaner vision. But for my £20 (I think) I'm still happy with my bulbs.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back