High-pressure Fuel pump 1.6 fsi

Hi all, I don't suppose anyone knows where I could get a high-pressure fuel pump rebuild kit or a new one for a decent price. Is there any other pumps compatible with my engine? Im having problems with my engine as it looses power dramatically around the 4,000rpm mark and I've already replaced the fuel pressure regulator and tested the fuel pump in the tank?

Hi all, I don't suppose anyone knows where I could get a high-pressure fuel pump rebuild kit or a new one for a decent price. Is there any other pumps compatible with my engine? Im having problems with my engine as it looses power dramatically around the 4,000rpm mark and I've already replaced the fuel pressure regulator and tested the fuel pump in the tank?

A scan might be a good idea, before you waste more of your precious pennies on guesswork.
Mac.

As suggested above, a scan with vcds would be the first port of call. I'm not aware of a rebuild kit, and new ones cost around £350, so good used at around £125 is the way people tend to go. It could be as simple as a clogged up fuel filter.

Hello, I've got a Delphi scanner and it only says fuel pressure regulator intermittent so I replaced it an problem still occurs. So I'm assuming its loss of fuel pressure on the high rev ranges. And a new fuel filter has already been fitted and problem is still here. Anymore suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Hello, I've got a Delphi scanner and it only says fuel pressure regulator intermittent so I replaced it an problem still occurs. So I'm assuming its loss of fuel pressure on the high rev ranges. And a new fuel filter has already been fitted and problem is still here. Anymore suggestions? Thanks for your help.
Delphi uses generic codes. VCDS may be more specific and narrow the fault down a bit.
Worth a try I'd think.
Mac.

Check if anyone local, with VCDS, Snap On is generic too. At this point you only need the free Lite version. Mac.

Okay, i don't suppose you know if the Delphi OBD2 Scanner will be compatible with the VCDS Software? Jack.
It won't.

To run VCDS-Lite, you need a Windows laptop (doesn't need to be particularly modern) and an appropriate lead. To get a decent level of functionality, you need to register the software (costs about £75).

Anyone attempting to maintain an FSI themselves is well-advised to either have a registered copy of VCDS-Lite or even the commercial Ross-Tech offering with prices starting at £225:

It will quickly pay for itself, believe me. Alternatively, look on eBay for a slightly older Ross-Tech HEX+CAN lead which will support unlimited VINs by default, such as this at £295:

Last edited:
You can start with the free version (download only the official version direct from Ross Tech website), and get a blue KKL lead from ebay. If you've got any old laptop, your good to go at under a fiver. Once you have it working, you can either register it for about £75, which gives full functionality for VAG cars and vans, up to 2005/06. You can use it on as many cars as you like. Downside is it's limited to one pc, and one change if that pc goes pop. But, as I say, start with the free Lite version, and see how it goes.
Mac.

Back