Highway problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lajlev

Hi,

Have any of you people, experienced driving with about 120 km/h, and suddenly your are not able to accelerate. After a minute or two, the car is able to accelerate again, like nothing is wrong. My A2 1,2 TDI, have been doing this three times in the last three months.

The temperature of the car is fine, diesel ok, no signs of other problems. My Audi dealer is not able to find any problems.

[?]Simon

So for I did not have this problem on my 1.2.... Have you tried switching to manual (push over gearknob to manual lane) and then pushing the pedal? If that works, maybe there is something wrong with the electronics (that is the one thing I always dread on the 1.2). Maybe your dealer should check the "error memory" (don´t know how to call it in english) to see if there are any messages in it...

Bye, Frido.

----
A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS, Apple iPod :)

Hi,

I have driven 30,000km with my 1.2TDI and haven't had such problems - yet. On the other hand I haven't been driving a lot in roads where you need to accelerate from 120km/h upwards.

With best regards,
Jones (A2 1.2TDI, no aircon)

Hi,

Thanks for your replies

According to my dealer there is no errors stored in the "error memory", and it don't work to put the gear to manuel. It just seems like there is no further engine power. The speed and the rpm does not change as push the pedel further down.

My thoughts is that it is like an "error mode", as the car does not get enough diesel (Maybe some dirt in the diesel).

Regards

Simon

no probs with my 2001 1.2 - what mode are you using? E or D ? I tend to change to D for overtaking because E tends to take far too long to make it's mind up which gear it wants - The car operates at 41 PS /bhp till full throttle is selected (61PS/bhp) in E mode.

Lukas

First in UK? 06/2001 A2 1.2 TDI Advance/Style/Chorus/Winter wheels/iMP 400 MP3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back