Ho Hum, Nursery Preparation

Status
Not open for further replies.

maersk

[2]
No not that you fools!
Good god, I have 1220 of them at work every day. I can do without them at home!
I am preparing the nursery (garage) for my new arrival. Any way the coating on my garage floor has 'split' allowing the top coat to peel off. This is the third time I have tried to sort this out and I still have flaking paint and dust. I use the 'room' as a workshop when fettling my mountain bike and fixing 'er indoors Saxo. Any way, decided that a resin floor was the way to go. Epoxy and all that. Sharp intake of breath as price is quoted for DIY at something over £200! This is hard to take as I have a large number (thank god) of friends who are able to access 'cheap' stuff. My splitting floor paint was very (free) cheap. OK I hear you. I get what I (don't) pay for.
Anyway, after discussion with the BOSS we look at a 7mm plastic (PVC) interlocking floor tile and I tell you, it is fantastic!
If I get it finished in time 'Murphy' will get to set his tyres on it. However, I think that 'Murphy 2'(alias RoboCop) will be the first user.
No dust, no poxy lifting paint, warm, quiet. Why the hell did I not do this years ago when I was stripping and re-building cars on what seemed like a weekly basis?
[2]
Yeah, OK, I was poorer and could not afford it. I may have to sicken you with pix. Unfinished though.
If I can work out how to do it!

[37]

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Soon to be ex-A2 owner - but nevertheless extremely satisfied with my experience

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
Soon to be ex-A2 owner - but nevertheless extremely satisfied with my experience

This weeks Autocar (out today) has an article about the A3 TDI DSG thingy-ma-bob SAS BBC HSBC RAC AA blah blah

How about a nice wilton carpet for the garage?

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

you read about that stuff in the News of the World. Usually involves a footballer or 4...

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

What about a nice bit of cocunut matting to keep the cost down?

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back