Honouring My Uncle’s Legacy...

Carol

Hey Everyone,

Thought I’d share my story of how I've become an A2 owner.

Sadly, my uncle passed away of cancer in May 2013; he had a wonder life which included 6 months of year lived here in the UK and then the other 6 in Canada! He always planned it so he was in the summer in Canada to get the best weather he was no fool lol he was a wonderful man who is dearly missed.

He was always one for surprising you one way or another and I found out last weekend that in his will he had left me his beautiful car which I knew nothing about.

The spec of the car which I can point out are its a 2001 1.4, open sky, 17” alloys its always been serviced and brought from new also as I mentioned that he lived half the year in Canada for a car that is what 12 years old it’s only done 37k on the clock!

I wish I could thank him but the only way I know I can do this is treat the car with as much love as my uncle did and honour him that way.

Once I’ve got it taxed, mot, and insured I'll post some pics which will hopefully be by the end of the month if it all goes to plan.

Sorry, I know it’s not a nice topic to talk about but it’s been oddly therapeutic to actually write this down.

Kind Regards,

Carol

Hello Carol,

I found this a gentle and thoughtful topic to share with us on here but I have to disagree on one very small point. I think it is a nice topic and I'm glad I got to read about your Uncle and your good fortune in being left his car which probably also goes to show his excellent choice of who he decided to leave it to. Someone who will appreciate what has been left to them. Clearly that is so.

Welcome to Audi A2 owners club. I look forward to seeing the photos in time to come.

Best regards from a fellow member.

Nigel

Hello and welcome.

A2 knowledge aside, if there's one thing that stands out on this forum it's the lack of judgement members pass on one another, no apologies are needed.

Regards and best wishes :)

Edited to clarify; I meant members don't judge each other (the above could be taken to mean the opposite).

Last edited:
Welcome to the A2oc, I wish it could be under better circumstances. But its lovely that his car has gone to you and will be loved. If there is anything you don't know about your car, then ask here and we will all help.

regards

David

What a lovely story and legacy to be given. I have just bought my wife a similar 2001 car with Open Sky and she is delighted. This Forum is also a delight to be part of as we have found...... Welcome indeed!

Hey Everyone,

Thought I’d share my story of how I've become an A2 owner.

Sorry, I know it’s not a nice topic to talk about but it’s been oddly therapeutic to actually write this down.

Kind Regards,

Carol

Welcome to the forum Carol, I know 'exactly' what you mean, hope you have thousands of miles of being at one with your very special present.

Cheers
Sarge

I think it is a nice topic and I'm glad I got to read about your Uncle and your good fortune in being left his car which probably also goes to show his excellent choice of who he decided to leave it to. Someone who will appreciate what has been left to them. Clearly that is so.

Agree with all of the above. Was your uncle a member of the club Carol?

Thank you for all your messages :)
unfortunately, I dont think he was a member..I thought id join as you can always find tips and tricks that you dont know about plus as shown above there are some lovely people to 'chat' with... I could of just said hi and what the car spec was but thought my uncle deserved more of a mention than that. Hopefully I will be insuring for 1st July :) im itching to get behind the wheel as ive been without a car for about 3 months now and is slowly killing me being a pedestrian lol

Back