Horn replacement, alarm siren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IQ

Has anyone changed the standard horn on the car.
How easy is it to change and obtain other horns that fit?. I know there is a pic on the site but not a guide. Also does the alarm sound through this same horn.

As discussed last year i want to get rid of the mickey mouse alarm clock sound so if someone does break in then at least i will know.

Black 2001 A2 with 16" 6 spoke, Open sky system, xenon lights, and concert single cd.
Tha Best

IQ There is a guide on the site 'cos I asked the same question last year. I can't find it at the moment, try "high pitch horn" for the search. Thats the solution, another horn to complement the existing.

Where is the alarm horn then? I thought they were all the same dismal item.

Anyway, I did print out the original guidance re high pitch horn, it was posted by Bill Tait, but I still can't find it on the site, if anyone is interested and it still can't be found I could copy it to the site with due acknowledgement to Bill. I did promise him a big kiss for doing such a good job of the instructions, that's probably why he's keeping a low profile. The A2 alarm is even more dismal than the one on my caravan, it doesn't even disturb anyone in the van, much the same as the A2 alarm. "What's that noise?" everyone asked when the A2 alarm sounded, it was barely audible. When we discovered it was the alarm everybody laughed - not really what you would expect from a quality vehicle.
Anyway who responds to car alarms? I live near a rail station car park, they go off all day, so they do in Gatwick long stay car parks, I think the planes set them off, no one responds, but they will charge your battery if the car won't start due to flat battery!. I rather liked the inventor who devised a sharp steel spike to come up through the seat when the thief tried to start the car, could be very painful if the owner forgot the code or whatever to disable it!

can the alarm sounder be changed too?

Black 2001 A2 with 16" 6 spoke, Open sky system, xenon lights, and concert single cd.
Tha Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back