Hot Air Problem - Any ideas?

fhl

Hi, Has anyone had a problem with their climate control in that hot air blows into the cabin even though it is set to its coolest level? Could it be a stuck open flap? Even in this cold time of year it can become unbearably warm and it is slowing engine warm up too bringing my mpg to low levels of 45 mpg for a tdi 90. The problem appears to be intermittent. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi only time i have had this was when the module that controled the radiator fan failed. But it was easy to fault find- just pop the bonnet off, turn ignition on, as long as you have the climate turned on the rad fan will run all the time---vonnies wasnt. we bought a second hand unit and its been fine ever since. Or it could just be a stuck flap.
good luck mike

just to add the module is usually located next to the rad fan - its a big silver casting with two electrical conectors on top. i have seen early a2's with out this box but hav never been able to locate the older style box location. cheers mike

no but i never scanned it as i put a meter on the power wires and power was going in --- i also put power into the fan wires and it ran. it might be worth a scan if you can. cheers

Back