How Can We Improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart_D

Past Member
No I'm not fishing for compliments! [25]

[30] However, I would like to know if there is anything you feel the A2OC or this forum is missing that would make it better. Is there a forum section you would like added or removed, is there a feature or a page needed on the club site that would be helpful, or perhaps a service you would like the A2OC to provide?

Please reply to this topic with any comments...be nice now ;).
New forum members, non-club members and club members are all invited to join in!

Thanks for your feedback!

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE:http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk1.htm Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

A2OC Website | 2004 A2OC Competitions | Join the A2OC!

I think the current forum is working very nicely. Good categories and well sorted. Active enough too.

But there tend to be a lot of newcomers that ask 'old' questions. You felt it coming, and it has been discussed before, but FAQs or locked topics with links to old threads would be valuable.
I know I once said to try and translate our German counterpart, but I just don't seem to come round to it. Sorry...

And technically speaking: I'd like to be able to select my own avatar. Either through an upload, or even simpler and better, by linking to a picture in my own webspace.

How's that for a start?

And....keep up the good work! (I couldn't resist this compliment ;)

Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp) and on its merry way to Germany, ABT, to be chiptuned, finally!

quote:Originally posted by swiv

I think the current forum is working very nicely. Good categories and well sorted. Active enough too.

But there tend to be a lot of newcomers that ask 'old' questions. You felt it coming, and it has been discussed before, but FAQs or locked topics with links to old threads would be valuable.

I think this is a hard one as it's obviously a lot of work for someone (probably me!) to maintain a repository of old topics. I'd say it's common sense to search the forum for topics before posting something new. But what I have tried to do is split off the the most commonly talked about topics into their own sections - such as fuels, wheels & tyres, chipping & tuning.

quote:I know I once said to try and translate our German counterpart, but I just don't seem to come round to it. Sorry...

And technically speaking: I'd like to be able to select my own avatar. Either through an upload, or even simpler and better, by linking to a picture in my own webspace.

In the next few months we will be upgrading this forum to new software. I would assume that you will be able to upload your own avatar as it is much better forum software, but I'll have to check and let you know.

quote:How's that for a start?

And....keep up the good work! (I couldn't resist this compliment ;)

That's a very good start - thanks!

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE:http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk1.htm Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

A2OC Website | 2004 A2OC Competitions | Join the A2OC!

I know what you mean about people post questions which have been answered, but in Stuart's defence he does make this clear in the welcome section which new members should read.
I don't know if the search facility should be made more prominent or easier?

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

quote: I would assume that you will be able to upload your own avatar as it is much better forum software, but I'll have to check and let you know.

This is an option with the new forum software.

I agree with new members being responsible for their own searching and finding of stuff. But once the question is up there, I find it hard to ignore or simply refer people to the search engine. That just doesn't give the right feel to the forum.
Moreover, I also think that the search engine is a tad tedious, especially because of the 'Archived' option, but also because of it's lack of speed and stamina (it will just return an error if your search goes through archived posts for too long).

So new improvement/wish: quicker and more obvious search.

BTW: the move to the new forum software is not going to lose all articles, is it? So they're 'compatible'...

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp) and on its merry way to Germany, ABT, to be chiptuned, finally!

I would like tosee a topic relating solely to costs of repair and service. This would help anyone with a suspected or potential problem. Also a comparison of service costs would be useful. I know that these things are covered in various places, but a dedicated topic where the it starts "I just had my underslung dipthong re-carbonated by ........Audi and it cost me £x", would be a handy reference in one place.
I find the site a mine of useful info. and generally very friendly after I had to rap a few knuckles re: refs to OLD drivers, that doesn't happen any more.

Perhaps a page that looks at the price of new and used A2s. I have watched - in silence I admit - at members saying how chuft they were at getting a 4 percent discount on a new one and thinking there must be an opportunity to share info on the best dealers for discounts - I got much more than that on an FSi (well into double figures on a factory order). Also, I am sure early A2s will be hitting a price that puts them in reach of the 'proper used market' ie shall I get a used Astra or a used Audi A2. We could share what we have seen and start to look at what to look for in buying used ie the weak points and what people should pay.

On another topic, an area which looks at group buys - I know this is already done but I am sure if 4 people want to approach an Audi dealer for four sets of RS4 wheels that should get a price of £200 a corner. How about a section of the website where dealers have access to and members post their wants - I dont mean small low value things but say high value parts (wheels again!) or even cars.

OK so I am thinking wildly but why not.

quote:Originally posted by Stuart_D

No I'm not fishing for compliments! [25]

[30] However, I would like to know if there is anything you feel the A2OC or this forum is missing that would make it better. Is there a forum section you would like added or removed, is there a feature or a page needed on the club site that would be helpful, or perhaps a service you would like the A2OC to provide?

Please reply to this topic with any comments...be nice now ;).
New forum members, non-club members and club members are all invited to join in!

Thanks for your feedback!

2003 FSi SE in Ebony Black Pearlescent; Climate; DIS; Winter Pack; Sports Steering Wheel; Copilot Light and Upgraded bulbs

Another idea - how about a list of Eurpean Audi dealers who will export to club members? Perhaps our Euro members can help us here.

2003 FSi SE in Ebony Black Pearlescent; Climate; DIS; Winter Pack; Sports Steering Wheel; Copilot Light and Upgraded bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back