How many A2's do you see everyday?

How many A2's do you generally encounter daily?

• Total voters
I've come round to posting this thread as lately I've been encountering more and more A2's (different ones!) on a daily basis, and wondered if others are noticing increased sightings too..?

Today I saw 3 on the way to work, and 3 different A2's on the way back.. now, considering I drive across country and not through towns to get to work I think that's alot. Generally I do see the same 3 A2's quite often (excluding the one across the road from me!), but today they were all new :)

I Drive around Swindon everyday and i reguarly see
3-4 A2's a day but some days easily more than that .....

I Know of at least one road in Swindon which has 3 A2's
and at least 3 roads which have at least 2 A2's
anyone would think i actually go around looking for them

I Have been known to do a few flyer runs before a Social LOL !!!!!

Well I don't drive everyday but when I do, often come across 4-5, seem to see more of them lately... But then again, I live in London :)

It is difficult to quantify on a daily basis, but I am amazed at how many A2's I see in and around Milton Keynes in general.

They are clearly not the same ones on every occasion either, but I guess on average I see at least one every other day and sometimes as many as three or four on the same day!!

The A2 is still a rare beast when compared to the likes of the Merc 'A' Class though, as common as roundabouts in MK, and I should know - living in MK and with the wife driving the said vehicle!! :p

Darren

they are still pretty rare....i am the only Asian in halifax to own an A2 :D

is it just me or are alot of A2's owned by the elderly...i mean i seen a few 80 year olds cruising in them...:eek:

I hate to say it but someone recently suggested that A2's are becoming more and more often 'mummy wagons' - i.e. used for taking kids to school. I have certainly seen alot more since moving to a more er..affluential suburb (or effluential as some say might say ;) ) and I also noticed loads in posher parts of Hampshire the other day. I still haven't had a good opportunity to shout A2OC.net out the car window!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Interesting point from Darren C; I definately see more A2s than Merc Aclass here (Lanarkshire), Although not by a huge margin.

How regional is this?

ScotAlan

driveforward said:
I've come round to posting this thread as lately I've been encountering more and more A2's (different ones!) on a daily basis, and wondered if others are noticing increased sightings too..?

Today I saw 3 on the way to work, and 3 different A2's on the way back.. now, considering I drive across country and not through towns to get to work I think that's alot. Generally I do see the same 3 A2's quite often (excluding the one across the road from me!), but today they were all new :)

I saw three today. Never seen anymore than one in a day. This was in great bridge w-midlands not too far from you driveforward ... I see one every few days in pompey

MPG Lover said:
I hate to say it but someone recently suggested that A2's are becoming more and more often 'mummy wagons' - i.e. used for taking kids to school. I have certainly seen alot more since moving to a more er..affluential suburb (or effluential as some say might say ;) ) and I also noticed loads in posher parts of Hampshire the other day. I still haven't had a good opportunity to shout A2OC.net out the car window!

Yep I agree here, but then again the ratio of women to men is 6:1 here in Notts:eek:

I had started doign comments in the spotted forum, but realised that I'd basically be spamming the forum as I see loads at the moment. I guess MK being Audi central doesnt help.

5 - 6 but I live in cheshire! also bentley motors crewe had loads on their short term staff lease scheme, try £150 a month for a fully loaded A2 tdi sport!! they seem to dispose of in the local dealers rather than auction

Last edited:
Edinburgh has a huge number of A2s....not sure why, but it seems we like small cars. The city also has more than its fair share of Smarts too.

Back