How much HP do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much HP do you have in your audi A2 ?

I've seen here a A2 with about 130ps????that will be pretty fast bij 900 kilo's.

And what will be the specs (0-100 km/u)..........

On paper, the fastest A2 is still the 1.6 FSI, with its 110 BHP.

In real life, there are plenty of chipped TDi's around that reach similar values. They have been chipped by Abt, Wetterauer (if you read the German forums on www.a2forum.com) or mainly by UK companies (of course on this forum).

Whether a 110 BHP TDi outruns a 1.6 FSI is not a clear thing. Although the TDi will have a VERY serious advantage on the highway and on intermediate sprints (I mean, not from standstill), the FSI will be quicker in a sprint.
I think this all boils down to the gearbox. IMO the TDi has a very short first and second gear, meaning you lose lots of time shifting from 0-60mph (you have to go to 3rd for that). The FSI might just make that in 2nd.

Some more theory: if you go the Abt's website and look up the datasheet for a chipped TDi, you will notice that the 0-60 time hardly goes down. I think that is correct.

And for your information: a TDi weighs nowhere near 900kg. More like close to 1100. A big difference. Still lightweight for what it is, but not featherlight.

Personally I have this stretch of road on the ring near Alkmaar which I use to 'determine' acceleration. It's from a traffic light to a road-sign. I clock the highest speed to be reached at the sign:

My (old) 90Bhp, 900kg Honda Civic 1.5 16v made it to a 140km/h there. On paper its 0-100km/h time was 9.7 seconds.
My unchipped A2 1.4 75BHP Tdi, +-1100 kg, made it to just under 130. Paper 0-100 is like 12.7?
In chipped condition, my A2, now with 95BHP attains the same 140 as the Civic. Paper 0-100 according to Abt should still be around 12 seconds.

There you see that the TDi can pull away quite hard when at speed!
However, the old Civic always felt and sounded faster...

Are you going to have your new A2 chipped?

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Hi urquattro83! I recognise you from the 'how fast will it go' topic! This is only my opinion which, it has to be said rarely accounts for much (!), but I really think that if speed is high on your list of priorities then an A2 is a curious choice for you!

Going fast is not one of the things that an A2 sets out to achieve. I think the A2's purpose is to be a high quality, economical small car that delivers a lot of the luxury usually found in larger executive models. It is very distinctive in both its styling and its construction, and carries the badge of one of the worlds top marques. The A2 does all this with enough power to whisk you along at a highly satisfactory pace but no faster.

I think that if I were to mod an A2 for speed and power, then I would want to go all or nothing and produce the kind of 'wolf in sheeps clothing' that we last saw in the Audi RS2! Then the cars purpose could be nothing other than sheer performance! ;)

Phil. TDi Sport, silver, with Climate and OpenSky.

my A2 is a 1.4 TDI, now i have 99 HP, but before this summer i hope to join 120 hp.....

foto2.jpg
icon161.gif
foto3.jpg
icon161.gif
foto1.jpg
icon161.gif
foto4.jpg

...NEXT STEP??...'18...
sticazzi.gif

Ummm. Did a recent naughty thing with a newish TDi 90 and a newish FSi and my little babe. I actually let someone else drive my chipped TDi and I drove the FSi.

Well neither of us, that being the TDi 90 or the FSi could get close to the girl driving my chipped TDi and the FSi only started to get an advantage at 115mph, make your own minds up from that.

Midrange punch from the chipped Tdi comes in from about 1500rpm in just about any gear and the traction control flashes like mad in the first two gears if you try to sprint too hard.

From 40mph - 100mph the FSi was wasted on every level in just about every gear. The girl driving my car had a score to settle and I was determined that she was going to lose. On four seperate trips she beat both cars hands down every time. The day cost us two lads a fortune in lost bets.. all in a good cause and in good fun mind you.

Now using bog standard timing, ie a stop watch, my chipped TDi is pulling 0-60 in around 8secs and I know this could be made to drop into the 7's without too much effort.

As I said you make your own minds up.

0-60 in 8secs?! How many HP have you got there EX MAX?

What alterations have you done to the car besides chipping (& the awesome soundsystem)? I was thinking about if you had to do something else to the car because of the chip,,,

--
Bigshow
1,4Tdi SE

The rolling road test said about 112/115 bhp.
Other than that then it still has the standard exhaust and induction.

The torque figue was around the 258/260 mark which is high but boy you know it is there.
The extra weight does slow it down that is why if that weight was not there and you did the exhaust and induction and tweaked a few more small things, then 7 secs would not be unrealistic as this baby files.

My ultimate dream would be the engine from the new 1.9tdi A3, chiped up, 6 speed box and maybe 4 wheel drive.

Now in an A2 that should hit 6secs and a good 140mph and that would shame a lot of cars.
Oh why Audi did you not do this, I would have found the money to buy one.

I'm still pretty confused about your car EX MAX, are we talking about km or miles/hr? I'm thinking miles per hour, in other words i'm reading it as if your car does 0-60miles/h (0-100km/h) in 8secs, and furthermore that it could do as low as 7secs. Is this correct?

And you have a regular 1,4Tdi with a chip-upgrade to 112-115hp?

Man, that sounds strange since i've only found chips that give 0-60miles/h in 10secs. If this is true then the little car has some awesome potential.

7secs is BMW 325-fast...

--
Bigshow
1,4Tdi SE

Not all the cars come off the production line with a straight 75bhp. Some have been known to have as much as 10bhp more.

Mine was one of the lucky ones, it was good to start with and the chipping just made it better.

It has what appears to be a slightly higher torque curve than the average chipped car.
From a pulling point of view it is awesome, about four months ago me and a BMW 330d were messing around on the M4 and when we pulled off into the service area the driver came over to me and asked me a few questions.

I replied, 3 less cyclinders than you, half the cubic capacity and just as much fun, he laughed and said nothing in reply.

I have a mate who has an S3, he loves my car because it doesn't shout at you and yet still upsets you.

I also believe that when it was chipped, I was the first A2 to be chipped by that company and they might well have gone OTT on my behalf. They knew that I would come back here and sing their praise.

I have previously owned a modified AMG Mercedes, [now known as the C32/36/43] I have also owned a TWR 3.5 BMW 3 series [400bhp and 400ib of torque]. Both of these cars could get you into the courtroom in under 6secs so I have a good idea of just how quick this A2 is.

7 seces is realistic, strip out my audio stuff, give it a decent induction and exhaust kit, re-chip the chip, even a slightly bigger inter-cooler and just polish the ports up on the head and this baby would make you cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back