How to change Front shock absorber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks, again, for posting this very helpful video. Now, how many others were shouting at the screen "Backplate!" or was it just me? Ask me how I knew that would happen! (Don't)
Very much appreciated friend. I will be more confident doing mine now. Probably forget the backplate again, of course. Cheers.
Tom from Chorley Lancashire.

First, must say I have great respect for anyone who takes the trouble to film / document any 'how to' guide.

Also concur with Weetank2 that removal of the brake disc, hub and driveshaft is not required to change the shock absorber.
When doing the job 'in situ' I found it really helpful to use a strut leg pry socket to open up the hub split clamp and release the bottom of the shock absorber

Cheers Spike

I did mine without driveshaft removed, second time was easier though the real saver was the electric impact wrench for the strut clamp bolt. I've been trying to get hold of a Lidl Parkside cordless one though they were in very short supply in store. I've found a German forwarding company which will accept delivery from lidl.de, possible group buy may be useful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back