How to fit Sports Seats into an SE

Peter Markham

A2OC Donor
I am collecting a Sports interior and want to fit the front seats to our 2001 tdi SE. How do I do this, what is needed to remove the old SE seats? I have read the old posts but none explain exactly how to do it. Thanks, Peter

disconnect the battery
undo the XZN8 bolts, four of them, per seat (remove the rear covers first - there's a plug you need to open by inserting a screwdriver and rotating it on the tunnel side)
unplug the cables
remove the seat

installation is simply reversal.

Should take about an hour for both, maybe 90minutes.

- Bret

If your new seats have got electric lumber support then this will also need connecting but you will have to source the connections and cable and then finding a feed to power them, Timmus fitted mine when I bought my seats off him

Cheers Phil

A further tip ...
When fitting the front horizontal bolts, I find it easier to lift the floor mats out of the way. This allows the bolts to line up correctly and avoids the nasty issue of cross threading them.

blue skies
tony

A further tip ...
When fitting the front horizontal bolts, I find it easier to lift the floor mats out of the way. This allows the bolts to line up correctly and avoids the nasty issue of cross threading them.

blue skies
tony

Tony's advice is good. Whenever I fit seats, I always lift the front carpets. The last thing you want to do is cross-thread those bolts, because you'll be damaging part of the space frame.

As Phil mentions, I've done the electrics side of things for fitting Sport seats many times before. Let me know if you need assistance with this.

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks everyone! What a great forum this is, so much knowledge and freely shared. Tom I would like some tips on connecting the electrics.
Thanks
Peter

Peter, if I could be bold.
The electrics for the lumber support are not complex in any way but the cable routing and fuse positioning is not where you would expect - i.e. not at the usual location at the fuse box. The fitting requires some panels to be removed which requires some knowledge of the A2's fitments. Also, selecting the correct colour and gauge for the wiring is important. Perhaps consider asking for some fitting assistance, there are some very technically competent members that lurk ;) on the forum.

blue skies
tony

Thanks everyone! What a great forum this is, so much knowledge and freely shared. Tom I would like some tips on connecting the electrics.
Thanks
Peter

Back