How to remove lower A pillar trim.

pamanal21

A2OC Donor
Hi All,I'm looking to remove what is called the; Drivers storage compartment; this i have found no probs! but it starts the instruction off by saying; remove "lower A pillar trim" i know what piece this is but c'ant find details as how to remove same?? it looks as if i'll have to peel back rubber strip trim and then pry out the slip of trim ( is this correct?) & what tool tool should i use'to do this? dont want to start snapping trim etc, any advice would be gratefully recieved, Thanking you in advance, Alan.

pamanal21 said:
Hi All,I'm looking to remove what is called the; Drivers storage compartment; this i have found no probs! but it starts the instruction off by saying; remove "lower A pillar trim" i know what piece this is but c'ant find details as how to remove same?? it looks as if i'll have to peel back rubber strip trim and then pry out the slip of trim ( is this correct?) & what tool tool should i use'to do this? dont want to start snapping trim etc, any advice would be gratefully recieved, Thanking you in advance, Alan.
Step 1 of the process is to locate the small plastic piece at the side of the drivers air vent.
Get your finger into the top of it, where it meets the velvety material and pull it back towards the rear. It will be very stiff and reluctant to come out normally, but persevere and it'll come.
Then unhook it from the lower trim.
Next, get all your fingers under the sill part of the trim, by pushing back the rubber lip.
With your thumbs on top and your hands slightly separated from each other, jerk it upwards sharply and then lift the centre up, whilst unhooking the trim from the neighbouring piece by the B pillar.
Finally, pull the trim backwards to the rear and out of the car. Check for any metal clips that have been left in place and remove with radio pliers if needed.

Cheers,

Mike

A pillar Trim removal.

Hi Mike, Thank you for the information, sorry i'm a little late in reply been very busy, going to give it a try when i recieve parts from VAG, Cheers, Alan

pamanal21 said:
Hi Mike, Thank you for the information, sorry i'm a little late in reply been very busy, going to give it a try when i recieve parts from VAG, Cheers, Alan
No worries Alan, best of luck.

Don't be afraid of sharp cracks and sudden jerks as you'll be hard pressed to break the plastic.

Cheers,

Mike

Back